Nashville Day 01: Crepes and Coffee.

February 25, 2014

Filed Under: Style, Travel

My first full day in Nashville was nothing short of delicious. We began our morning with crepés at Red Bicycle where I, of course, ordered both a savory and sweet crepe. I hold the theory that no meal is complete without dessert … and coffee. So after brunch we headed to a local staple, Barista Parlor. Once the caffeine wore off, an afternoon nap was in order which we awoke from just in time to chow down on the most delicious lamb and turkey burgers at Burger Up. I had my first experience with moonshine at The Crying Wolf, then slept like a rock after dancing at The 5 Spot. One fantastic day down, day two is underway, and five more to look forward to.

blog-1 blog-4 blog-3 blog-2 blog-101 blog-100Outfit Breakdown:
Cardigan: J.Crew (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Tee: Target (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Short Necklace: c/o Vivienne Kelly
Long Necklace: c/o Saressa Designs (Same.)
Bracelet: c/o Saressa Designs (Same.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: c/o Minnetonka Moccasin (Same.)

Bedhead. (Please don’t have high expectations from me these next couple of weeks.)

Photos by Heather who caught on to using my camera incredibly quickly. Kudos to that girl …

Have any of you been to Nashville? Feel free to leave activity recommendations in the comments or email me at sidewalkready@gmail.com!

16 Responses to “Nashville Day 01: Crepes and Coffee.”

1. Traci says:

Love this outfit, especially the soft colors and comfy shoes.

2. Your bedhead looks far better than my hair at its best. ;) I love this outfit – the soft colors, the jewelry, especially the jeans. Today I also had crepes (savory and sweet as well) and coffee!

3. ash says:

I love your hair! It’s so voluminous!

4. Eleanor says:

Las Paletas – the best popsicles I’ve had in my life… think rose petals, avocado,chocolate chip cookie chunks, and the list goes on and on. :) Barbara’s Kitchen is, in my opinion, the best restaurant for southern food. Seriously the best fried chicken I’ve ever had…everything I tried was really delicious. Have fun! It’s an amazing city!

5. Gwyneth says:

If you do absolutely NOTHING else, go to “The Pharmacy” for lunch or dinner. One of the best veggie burgers I’ve ever had (I hear the real burgers are good, too!), and they made awesome fries and homemade sodas. Vanderbilt’s campus is also worth is look, and I highly endorse line dancing.

6. Ellen Love says:

Love that you are in Nashville! I absolutely love hearing Blogger’s experiences of my town! For sure check out the Patterson house, The Pharmacy and Urban Grub for food! For shopping Emerson Grace, H. Audrey, E. Allen, Soca and Pangaea – amazing finds!

7. If my bedhead looked like that I would never worry about my hair! Love the shoes.

8. Wish I could get away with bedhead- mine looks like an electrocuted llama =/ Enjoy your trip!

9. Rose says:

So fun that you are here in Nashville! Love your blog. Yes to Las Paletas & The Pharmacy. Jeni’s ice cream is pricey but well worth it! The Wild Cow has excellent vegan+gluten free food. Bluebird Cafe is a must if you are here over the weekend for great live music. in addition, just google nashville/franklin live music + the date and tons of options will pop up. It’s everywhere here and almost never disappoints! Pinewood Social is fun + delicious any time of the day. If you want to head south for an afternoon, historic Downtown Franklin has lots of sweet little boutiques, and Merridees or the Mercantile for lunch. Hillsboro Village is fun to walk around as is the 12 South area. Frothy Monkey, Crema, the Well, Bongo Java, and Fido’s are all wonderful coffee shops. Belle Meade plantation, Carnton plantation, and Arrington Vineyards further south are fun activities. Hope that helps! Enjoy my city! :)

10. Jenni L says:

Roberts western world for old time country music, rockabilly, boots for sale off the wall and fried bologna! Aso there is a farm to table restaurant near the new music center that has all local produce, meats and even a selection of local drinks, including a soda I grew up on in Kentucky called SKI (and THEIR fried bologna http://thefarmhousetn.com/ You can’t beat the energy of Nashville. and if you feel “touristy” take a cab to the now famous Bluebird Cafe where you can sit back (at a tiny little table) and enjoy local singer/songwriters perform. Very cozy! ENJOY!!

11. Kj says:

Love the moccasins, you look great in them. Please do more pictures wearing the moccasins. They are so comfy!

12. Heather says:

Yes to Las Paletas!! And go to Jeni’s ice cream too! And of course go to Broadway – if for nothing else but to people watch.

13. Halle says:

wish my hair looked like that when i rolled out of bed! :)

halle