Appreciation.

December 11, 2013

You all are wonderful. I don’t know if I can tell you that enough. I am so excited about the give and take that I’m seeing happening here on SWR. I love writing for those who feel encouraged by reading, and in turn, you have also created a new empowerment and motivation within me. I received an email earlier today with a quote that I wanted to share with you.

Start with the knowledge that you are empirically lovable. There is nothing that could be added to you that would make you more acceptable. Give yourself some compassion. Be kind and gentle with your own heart. And then you will be able to give that to others. Love thyself.”

Thank you for sharing yourselves with me. You are such an inspiration and I am endlessly appreciative.

On a completely unrelated note, I have a new project in the works with a friend of mine who happens to own a video production company. These images were taken during the video shoot we did on Monday. We just saw our first heavy snowfall here in Grand Rapids and despite the wind, it was the perfect day to be outside. This is so unlike me, but I am reveling in winter this year. No guarantees that this attitude will carry me through to spring though. Ask me again in March. ;)

blog-2 blog-5 blog-3 blog-6 blog-1 blog-4

Coat: BB Dakota (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Sweater: c/o Everly (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Blouse: c/o Lovemarks (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: c/o Stowe Street (Same.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Wrist Warmers: Handmade (Similar.)
Socks: c/o Maurice’s (Similar.)
Boots: Sorel (Same.)

Tutorial here.

Photos by Paul.

11 Responses to “Appreciation.”

1. Layne says:

those boots > everything

2. Heather P. says:

Can’t wait to hear what your next big project is going to be! Also really need to invest in more wooly socks…it’s so cold now! I swear my feet have been cold nonstop since last week!

Hope you’re having a great day, and staying warm!

3. allie says:

You look amazing. Beautiful, calm and happy. Not to mention – this outfit is killer.

4. Danielle says:

I could pin every single look from your blog. EVERY SINGLE LOOK. And then your beautiful writing is an added perk.

5. Nina says:

What a beautiful message!
    I love this look, that sweater looks so so cozy. I am also loving winter right now but about February I’m sure that will change.

xo, Nina
    afterthe40barfinish

6. ash says:

Is your necklace a bear? So cute! Glad to see you’re feeling good.

7. you look so cute! thank you for sharing that quote! xoxo

8. Bethany says:

I have some boots like those, but am lacking in the sock department. Very cute look.
    xo
    Your freezing neighbor in Holland :)

9. Adri says:

I love your quotes and always leave feeling inspired by your posts! You’re a beauty inside and out.

10. Christina says:

What a beautiful quote! Thank you for sharing it. I keep a journal where I write down quotes and poems that speak to me and I will definitely be adding this one.
    That is a perfectly cozy outfit to brave the winter weather!