Good days.

June 25, 2013

I recently joined a book club. I know, I know. Ultimate nerdiness. Get your laughs out now because the geekiness aside, it’s been pretty freaking awesome. I’ve gotten to meet inspiring women while reading fantastic literature that I otherwise would have never known about. The first month, we read “Let the Great World Spin” by Colum McCann. Because I didn’t actually purchase the book and couldn’t write in it, I filled pages in my journal with quotes from the book that I would want to remember. However, there is one quote that I didn’t need to write down. It’s been popping into my mind the past couple months and has definitely been a true reflection of my life lately.

“Good days, they come around the oddest corners.”

The day these pictures were taken wasn’t necessarily a good day (quite the opposite) but it’s important to remember that good days actually do come around the oddest corners. There will be bad days – but the good days will come. And when they do, it will be when you’re not expecting it.

When things aren’t quite going my way, I always find that it helps me to put myself together. I keep my nails painted. I wear dresses (this one from Jigsaw makes my silk-loving heart flutter). I style my hair. I wear perfume. Fortunately, this month Misoves came on board as a sponsor and sent me some of their moisturizing products. As silly as it sounds, their Organic Shea Butter and Olive Body Cream with Jojoba Oil and Whipped Shea Body Butter with Organic Rose Hip Oil have been a little light in my morning and evening routines. I’ve mentioned this before, but I have incredibly dry skin and this is the first product I’ve found that my skin readily accepts. I use the Whipped Body Butter in the evening, and the Shea and Olive Body Cream in the morning, and my skin stays hydrated all day. Even on days where I am running behind and forget to moisturize, my skin still feels soft. I truly believe these products are actually improving the quality of my skin, and not just masking the dryness. This product discovery has been such a minor victory, but ya know what? Sometimes it’s a little things in life, you guys.

blog-4 blog-3 blog-7 blog-5blog-8 blog-2 blog-1 blog-9 blog-6 blog-10

Dress: c/o Jigsaw London (Same.)
Necklace: c/o RedEnvelope (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Belt: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Curled with a 1″ curling iron and then swept back into a low ponytail.

I would sincerely like to thank my lovely friend and photographer, Mae, for knowing how to make me smile.

18 Responses to “Good days.”

1. Hannah says:

I absolutely love this dress, Kayley!I’m glad it made your bad day better.

2. Thank you for sharing that quote- it is beautiful and really makes me think. You look gorgeous in your dress and I think it’s awesome that you’re in a book club!

3. shannon says:

Lovely dress and styled perfectly. Your book club sounds really wonderful. Keep us posted about the books that you love. :)

4. Kimberly says:

This dress is so gorgeous – I love the unique print & ladylike shape…you shine in it!

5. This is absolutely gorgeous, Kayley. Definitely my favorite outfit from you.

6. Sara says:

LOVE that quote! Now thinking of hanging it on a wall someday. I’ve been wanting to read that book, and I think you’ve just convinced me. :)

7. ashleigh says:

Oh I love your necklace!

8. Amy says:

You ought not apologize for liking to read. What would be shameful is if you came out and said you DIDN’T read.

9. M says:

Love book club! Might add that book to the next round of voting :). Very pretty outfit too. You wrote about dressing up once before, that I remember, on a day when you don’t feel like it. I borrowed that behavior, and it makes such a difference. The quote is great, but your content shines just as much :)!

10. Kayla says:

I love this dress, Kayley. As a long-time reader, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy getting to know more about your everyday and personal life. You are such a beautiful woman, inside and out. Thanks for letting us in to see it. =)

11. Aunt Kris says:

You look beautiful!!!

12. Camila says:

Love this dress and this quote too Kayley! Hope everything is okay with you and Kai! I’m glad you decided to write about your personal life again! :)

13. cait & val says:

these photos are stunning. love the dark shadow behind you & how you seem to be coming right out of it! we’ll have to try out this lotion of yours- sounds heavenly!!!

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

14. mae says:

girl, I’ll always do what I can to make you smile. love you to pieces. thanks for letting me take your pics.

15. dad says:

I love this outfit. You look sophisticated and beautiful.