Red, white, and metallics.

April 11, 2013

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned one of my favorite layers tips – to always wear more than one item on top, whether it be a cardigan over top or an added collar peeking out from under a sweater. In this post I am wearing a pretty minimalistic look, which is unusual for me. I think the emphasis in this look is on the color scheme because of the simplicity. It remains interesting because of the pop of red and the mirroring in the metallics.

blog-3 blog-5blog-1 blog-6blog-4blog-2

Blouse: c/o Shop Sosie (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Pants: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: New York & Co. (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: c/o Shoemint (Same.)

Similar to this tutorial.

20 Responses to “Red, white, and metallics.”

1. Heather P. says:

I’m really loving the shoes! Might also be warming up to the idea of red pants, too…

2. Eleanor says:

Kayley, your hair looks so good. I’m in the process of growing out my bangs and their length is very cloth to yours, except I’m having a hard time accomplish a pretty look with them that doesn’t look like I’m growing them out. You know? Yours look so pretty, I’m wondering how you accomplish such a pretty side swept bang because I’m having the hardest time.
    xo
    Eleanor
    P.S. I love your outfit too. :)

I totally understand where you are at! Bangs can be tricky. When my hair is damp, I comb my bangs into place. Mine naturally dry the way that I want them to, but if you need a little more help with yours, I would recommend hitting them with a blowdryer. Make sure you point the blowdryer straight down so you are forcing them onto your forehead, then sweep them where you want and use hairspray!

3. I love this look! I actually love every look of yours. You have wonderful and simple style. Always so beautiful. I also love your haircut.

4. Christy says:

Love the simplicity of this outfit with a splash of color! Your shoes are also really cute! Thanks for sharing!

Christy
    Sunny with a side of…

5. Ashleigh says:

I agree with you. the simple outfit looks more sophisticated because of the details! Your hair looks very rock n roll. Something about that cut is edgy!

Love those shoes – so unique! And I think you’re right about layering…usually more interesting to add something extra but sometimes minimalism looks great (like here).

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

7. Rebecca says:

I LOVE the simplicity of this outfit – it’s still really fun and you’d definitely stand out in a crown. ;) That shirt is stunning!

8. This simple look is so amazing! Love the bright jeans and metallic flats!

9. Naomi A says:

I still can’t get over how cute your hair is!

The Occasional Indulgence

10. qiu xian says:

A simple, understated look is not easy to carry off too! But you paired it so well here with the red jeans and metallic shoes! I’ll be ‘borrowing’ this outfit heehee :)

11. HollyDolly says:

I am so loving your new hair. Kind of obsessing over it.

12. Becky says:

Kayley, my opinion totally doesn’t matter because I agree that haircuts are for you and no one else, but I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about the new ‘do at first. But I gotta say, it has grown on me, and I 100% love it now. It’s such a unique look, I think, but it suits you and is really adorable. Love these pictures!!

13. Star White says:

Sometimes more simple looks pack the most punch! Love these red skinnies on you and those shoes are too awesome!

Your new hair cut inspired my latest post! Thanks for the tutorial!

Have a fab Friday!
    Blessings!
    Star

14. kelsey says:

your new haircut is so sophisticated! love the pants and the soft, simple top

15. Jamie says:

That red really pops! What a great shade.

16. I think the red pants deserve to be the star in this outfit, so I love it with the simple top!

17. Cheryl says:

This is my favorite outfit of yours so far, I think! Even though I normally avoid red, this outfit totally works on you!

18. Yuliya says: