Anti bag lady.

April 5, 2013

I have gone through many style phases in my life, but possibly the longest and most cherished was my “natural” stage which occurred towards the end of high school and beginning of college. I was obsessed with hemp jewelry accented with wood and stones, maxi skirts, and all shades of green and brown.

Now that the weather is warming up a little, my fashion aesthetic is taking a turn in the bohemian direction. I feel that this style lends itself best to spring and summer because less layering is required. Any time I’ve attempted to go full out hippie chick in the winter, I just end up feeling like a bag lady.

Moral of the story: get ready for some changes here on SWR. Summer lovin’ Kayley is emerging. However, you know me, I am sensitive to anything that appears too over-done, so today’s look is the perfect representation of my preferred polished and boho combination.

blog-1 blog-3 blog-5blog-2 blog-4

Jacket: LOFT (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: H&M (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Top: H&M *in stores (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Jeans: Urban Outfitters (Same. *on sale Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: c/o Wanted Shoes (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Bangle: LOFT (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Curled away from my face with a 1.25″ curling iron.

psssst. Another change for spring … I got a haircut. A big one. If you want a little preview, check out my Instagram!

21 Responses to “Anti bag lady.”

1. Jacqueline says:

I love the necklace!

2. anna says:

I’ll always remember you wearing green shirts and hemp necklaces.

3. Great look! I love the bohemian style and that lace top is awesome!

4. Heather P. says:

Loving the crochet top! Can’t wait to see how boho things get around here! I was thinking about going all-out classic prepster for summer this year…so I’m thinking this might be the year of changing it up for a lot of us this summer!

5. Naomi A says:

Gorgeous spring look, love your necklace~

Prabal Gurung for Target Giveaway!

6. Christy says:

The color of that coat is absolutely lovely!! I also love the intricate details of your blouse. Beautiful spring time look :) Thanks for sharing!

Christy
    Sunny with a side of…

7. love everything about this look – from your pants, boots and necklace! :)

8. Becky says:

I was just lovin’ on your hair again in these pictures and wishing it was mine (except brunette still because I would look ST-RANGE with blonde/red hair), and then I saw you cut yours! Oh no! LOL! I will miss admiring your pretty long hair, but the good news is that your hair is now about my length! Looking forward to some short(er) hair tutorials!!

9. ashleigh says:

Definitely loving the knitted top! Very boho and can’t wait to see more of it this summer!

10. kelsey says:

loving your jacket over that bohemian crocheted top! you always keep it classy

11. I have that H&M necklace, and it’s one of my absolute favorite purchases! I’m dying over your jacket–it’s gorgeous!

xoxo

12. Britt says:

Please tell me where on earth you found such a gorgeous jacket! It’s perfect. I have been on a search for the ultimate jacket for forever!

13. I adore your style!

Trying to refrain from commenting on every photo, but I am your newest follower :)

Tiff Ima
    Style Honestly

14. Mari says:

Is your jacket still in store? I absolutely adore it! I’ve been on the search for a jacket like that for ever.

15. MariaK says:

I absolutely love the jacket!!! Where else can I find this jacket other than the Loft? It’s not available anymore.

Try searching for an “Anorak”. That is the specific name of this type of jacket. I’ve had luck finding similar styles on Nordstrom or even just Google Shopping!

16. Sam says:

That jacket is perfect! But I can’t find it anywhere :( I’ve searched for other Anoraks, but none of them come close to how much I adore this one! could I buy it used somewhere!?

17. Sydne says:

Love this look!
    I have something similar on my blog and I’d love if you could check it out and let me know what you think!