Neutral and Layered.

March 8, 2013

Although many people admit to being afraid of color when it comes to fashion, sometimes I think people are equally afraid of being too neutral. I always have a tendency to want to add a color accent in my accessories, but this day I decided to embrace the basic.

Something else I’ve always been hesitant about is mixing bright white with cream, so to push myself even further, I layered two items with these colors right on top of each other. The outcome was really clean and fresh, and surprisingly worked!

blog-2 blog-4blog-5 blog-3blog-1

Sweater: c/o Jigsaw London (Same.)
Shirt: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: c/o Blowfish (Same.)
Earrings: Boutique in Ann Arbor (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Air dried.

Don’t forget to enter the BHLDN Cassis Headband giveaway. Ends this weekend!

15 Responses to “Neutral and Layered.”

1. Naomi A says:

Hi my name is Naomi, and I’m afraid of neutrals! But with shoes like yours, I think I could get over it!

The Occasional Indulgence

2. Such a pretty look and sometimes just neutral and basic is the prettiest!

3. Ashleigh says:

I love gray skinny jeans! Kaylee, this look is very chic, Parisian to me. The neutral layers, the hair, the pointy shoes. You look lovely.

4. Kai says:

You look especially elegant.

5. Inge says:

I agree, so fresh! I think the fact that the neutrals are very different tones and light colored makes it work.

6. She Dabbles says:

Love this look! Simple and soft but still very elegant. Those shoes are fabulous!

~C

Oh I’m definitely afraid of neutrals. Won’t even deny it! But I must admit, you do look nice.

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

8. Rebecca says:

I’m obsessed with neutrals, but I understand about being afraid of them. I feel pressured to make my outfits interesting and have colors and everything, but I’m always drawn to tan and gray and black. Love this outfit, especially the sweater.

9. Beautiful outfit! Simple, but very elegant and pulled together.

10. Christina says:

Lovely! You always do a wonderful job of keeping neutrals interesting.

11. Erin says:

I love the mix of these soft neutrals! And those shoes add the perfect pop of bling.

-Erin-
    OneTwoSummer

12. Leslie says:

I also tend to avoid neutrals. I really like the cream with the grey though….cute look!

13. Christy says:

Love this beautiful, neutral look. It’s so elegant, classic and clean. Your pictures are always so gorgeous!

Christy
    Sunnywithasideof…

14. […] Inspiration for this outfit came from Sidewalk Ready, who wore an all neutral outfit in her post Neutral and Layered. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to imitate it, and while I’m much more comfortable in this […]