Layered achievement.

March 19, 2013

Today is another simple, everyday look for me. This might work in some job environments, but for the most part I think of it as the perfect day-off look. Comfy flats, warm layers, and a splash of jewelry.

I think the key to looking extra put-together is wearing more than just a single shirt. All it takes is one extra top layer like a cardigan or blazer, or an extra underneath layer such as a collared shirt. Easily achieved!

blog-1 blog-4 blog-6blog-2 blog-5 blog-3

Cardigan: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Top: Anthropologie – gift (Same.)
Earrings: c/o Shop Sosie (Necklace here – earrings included.)
Pants: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Abound via Nordstrom Rack (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Curled away from my face with a 1.25″ curling iron.

20 Responses to “Layered achievement.”

Even though I’m so ready for warm weather at this point, layering IS one thing I like about the winter. There are just so many fun combos you can do, especially when you mix colors and textures and patterns (which you are so good at)! I love the detail on that cardigan.

~Sarah of Sarah’s Real Life

2. loving all the neutrals in this look — you look great as always! xo

I love all the shades of brown. I can’t wait til it warms up a little so I can wear thinner layers.

4. Kristen says:

I love the casual nature of this outfit! It looks super easy going and laid back. I would definitely wear something like this to my job :-)

Kristen
    Radiating Splendor

5. Kai says:

I like your shirt. And your face.

6. Star White says:

Those earrings are seriously gorgeous! Love this muted look!

Blessings!
    Star

7. Heather P. says:

I’m a college teacher, and could totally get away with wearing something like this. :-)

Note to self: go buy comfy, long cardigan. Looks put together, feels like I’m getting away with wearing PJ’s to work. ;-)

8. Leslie says:

If I switched the skinnies for dress pants or a skirt, I could wear this for work. I find office environments practically DEMAND layering year-round, because you never know if it will be comfortable, boiling hot, or freezing!

9. Ashleigh says:

I love, love, love the earrings!

10. kelsey bang says:

love all the neutrals! way cute! I agree, a little extra blazer or cardigan always makes me feel more put together! great photos!

11. I love the print on that blouse and the neutral color mix!

12. Rebecca says:

You are so gorgeous! I love your shoes and nail polish especially.

13. cait & val says:

even in neutrals your photos & colors are glowing!!! love those men’s wear inspired oxfords.

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

14. this is the perfect simple look, kayley!! i love those shoes.

15. Rachel says:

your photos are always so stunning!!!! i am captivated even by the simplest things like just a photo of your shoes! amazing photog you have :D xoRach

16. I love all the various shades of brown/camel in this outfit. Brown is one of my favorite neutrals – it just seems a bit more ‘colorful’ than black or white.

Do those earrings really come with the necklace? I don’t see that noted on the website…

They do! I contacted Shop Sosie and they are going to update the listing to note that it includes the earrings.