Button it up.

March 6, 2013

I’ve really been loving this fully buttoned look lately. This is the third time I’ve featured an outfit incorporating this in the past week. A little obsessed? Maybe. It feels a little conservative, a little nerdy, and a little fancy pants. Just the right combination.

I had my concerns that attempting this look with a chambray shirt could go cowboy-chic really quickly. I knew I wanted to pair it with the Enchanting Three necklace from Le Mode. (By the way, how pretty is that green color?) Even though I had an inkling it would really add to the western feel, I was convinced it could still be a successful combination if I added some girly elements. This wool cardigan and these black heels dressed the look up just enough that it didn’t feel too costume-y.

blog-1blog-5 blog-7blog-3 blog-6blog-8 blog-4blog-2

Cardigan: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shirt: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: c/o Le Mode (Same.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Heels: Ted Baker (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Side topsy turvy ponytail with a series of topsy turvys down the length of the ponytail.

21 Responses to “Button it up.”

1. Heather P. says:

I really like this outfit! I’m not usually big on the buttoned-up look, but this one seems to work for me – definitely not cowboy-ish at all!

2. Star White says:

Your necklace and shoes are SO lovely! Love the green color of the necklace with the gold details. And your loafer-esque heels are just adorable!

Great look all around!

Blessings & peace!

3. Rebecca says:

How pretty! Your cardigans looks so warm and cozy, I love your jeans and heels – and that polka dot chambray! Gorgeous!

4. Gorgeous and you definitely look great with the all the way buttoned up shirts. I don’t think I could pull it off like you.

5. Ashleigh says:

For a second I was confused like how would that feel costume-y…Then it clicked. I think you are safe! You just cute, as usually. I can’t do the every button buttoned look. I feel claustrophobic!

6. Kimberly says:

I love the fully buttoned up look – I think it’s such a modern way to wear a blouse & it’s so chic! This polka dot top is super fun :)

7. I love the fully buttoned up look with the statement necklace. The heels totally make the look not western!

8. Leslie says:

I love that necklace – it looks wonderful with that outfit too. I haven’t tried buttoning up all the way….maybe I’ll give ‘er a go! I’m also loving the hair – I’m totally stealing that look idea.

9. Jenny says:

I love how you layered this: the cardigan over chambray looks so comfy while still being stylish! You’re right, that necklace color is beautiful. Very in since emerald is this year’s color! Great post!

10. Kristen says:

That dotted chambray is precious! I like the buttoned up look! You are inspiring me to try it out :-)

Radiating Splendor

11. Amy Melissa says:

Oh that necklace! It’s beautiful. I always love how you do your make-up too, such a fresh face.

12. kelsey says:

this looks great! adore your hair

Wow! Love your hair! The things you come up with are so creative. :)

14. I don’t think this looks too “western” at all – I really like it. I also love the hair!

15. Naomi A says:

I’m loving all the topsy turvys!

The Occasional Indulgence

16. allie says:

I LOVE the hair. I couldn’t wait to try it out – currently sporting it :)

17. Alyssa says:

This is totally something I would wear, and I’m obsessing over the hair. What a pretty twist (literally!) on the braid!

18. I love this so much. I may have to do some buttoned all the way up,action too cause you look so chic.

19. Screendoorgirl 3 says:

So pretty! I love your outdoor shots. Great job!