Spring teaser.

February 5, 2013

This sweater reminds me so much of spring. It’s perfect for this time of year when all I really want to do is wear black and gray. I’ve been craving chunky knits, and over the past couple of weeks I’ve acquired more new sweaters than I’d care to admit. This is one of them. The pastel colors are completely uncharacteristic for winter wear but I absolutely love it. Plus, it’s metallic. I mean, seriously?

Don’t be afraid of pieces of clothing that feel a little out of place for the season. The heaviness of this sweater is perfect for winter, but the color scheme will allow me to wear it on a cold summer night as well. Hello, versatile!

blog-1 blog-5blog-3blog-6 blog-4

Sweater: Nordstrom (Same.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: c/o Wanted (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same.)

Day dirty. Touched up with a 1.25″ curling iron.

26 Responses to “Spring teaser.”

1. Jessica says:

Love this. your outfits are perfection.

2. Love the sweater! Your right it will be super versatile and the colors are awesome.

3. Naomi A says:

Gorgeous! I love the pastel color palate~

The Occasional Indulgence

4. amanda says:

this is a great photoshoot. the sweater with your hair is a full ombre! beautiful backdrop, love it!
    amanda

5. Kimberly says:

Ooh yes – love the ombre pastels in this sweater and can easily see it in spring with white denim…love!

6. anna says:

i’m into that

7. shannon says:

Brrr… looks freezing! But your sweater is lovely.

8. Love how affordable this lovely sweater is! Love a good sale. And its perfect on you. :)

9. Lovely colors on you. I’ve been buying the heck out of sweaters lately; a gorgeous thin one but chunky knits as well. I do love them.

10. MJ says:

I love the effect of this sweater–it’s almost an ombre, but with colors. Absolute perfection!

MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

11. Liz Yoon says:

Love your sweater! I just found your blog randomly. Will be visiting often!

:) Liz @ rusticpeach.com

12. Ashleigh says:

I’ve seen a lot of that lately. Pastels everywhere! Maybe designers know something we don’t. Maybe winter is staying WELL into spring!
    jk. Very cute top though.

13. Absolutely love the sweater! I love lighter/pastel colors in winter…makes the cold season a bit more cheerful. :)

14. Anestazia says:

That sweater is beautiful!! I am in love… I think I know my next clothing purchase. :)

Anestazia @ Eccentric Delirium

15. Absolutely stunning! Gotta love pieces that work for more than once season…

16. Christina says:

Very pretty! I love pastel colors for the winter too.

17. Heather P. says:

I’m in the same place with my wardrobe lately. Now that it seems like the weather is going to stay cold for a while, I want heavier clothes. But by February, I’m already craving spring and all its lively colors. Good choice on the sweater!

18. Love the sweater with the light jeans. I think I will wear something similar to work on Friday (jeans day!).

On an unrelated note I recently bought a blazer and for some reason I’m having a hard time styling it, crazy right!?!?! I was wondering if you could put together a post with a bunch of ways you have styled a blazer in the past. That way I can get lots of ideas and you don’t have to take new pictures! Do you have your posts tagged? If you do that would be another great way for me to find all the ones where you are wearing a blazer.

Thanks so much!!! – Jesse

19. Blair says:

Love the sweater, the pants and you. Cats forever!!! ;)

BLASH

20. Kate says:

You have the best sweaters!