My Best Advice.

February 12, 2013

Those of you who follow me on Twitter and Instragram have been unfortunate enough to see some more insight into my personality. I am extremely motivated and inspired by quotes and beautiful language, and I’m constantly posting some of my favorites on social media. Because of this, when Katie from Off Switch Mag reached out to me asking if I would be a part of their new project, My Best Advice, which would include an outfit that is quintessentially “me” along with advice that I had written, I quickly said yes! To see my contribution, click here. Also, Off Switch Mag is looking for your support! You can find their Kickstarter campaign here.

I chose the following outfit to represent my overall fashion aesthetic. I think this combination really represents my style at the moment. You already know I love layering and chunky knits, and this sweater is complete perfection. I practically squealed out loud when I pulled it out of the box! To complete the look, I selected my favorite necklace, pants, watch, and boots. I think this outfit might be getting a repeat wear … or two.

blog-4 blog-6 blog-10blog-3 blog-8blog-5 blog-9 blog-7

Sweater: c/o Jigsaw London (Same.)
Shirt: Gap Kids – boys department (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: Anthropologie (Similar.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Pants: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: Sam Edelman (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Air dried. Sprayed in Argan Oil when it was damp.

19 Responses to “My Best Advice.”

1. Alyssa says:

Love the plaid under the cozy sweater…perfect!

2. gorgeous photos as always and love this look on you — its very kayley! xo

3. Hannah Thomas says:

Love the look..

I was wondering how you weatherproof/ keep your boots dirt free though!

4. Grace L. says:

love this outfit, it’s totally something I would wear! love the plaid under the sweater combo.

5. ash says:

very pretty! you look lovely covered in snow!

6. Rebecca says:

These pictures are absolutely and utterly stunning. Amazing photography.

7. I love this post and the meaning behind it as well. Your style is so beautiful.

8. Jessica says:

love your whole outfit!

9. kelsey says:

so beautiful! this does look very you and the project seems lovely. adore the snowfall here!

10. that sweater does look incredibly cozy! Love the outfit!

11. I love how your outfits always look classy and chic yet comfy at the same time. Inspiring! :)

12. These photos are absolutely gorgeous!

13. Those shoes are absolutely fabulous. I love the cozy sweater with the statement necklace as well!

14. Bec says:

To echo your best advice, “Take a genuine interest in others.
    Everyone has the ability to unintentionally teach you something”… I saw this video and instantly thought of you.

15. Yuliya says:

I also love chunky knits. My what I call “Sven” sweater (a wool knit turtleneck sweater) is the only thing that makes me look forward to cold days.