Break it down.

February 1, 2013

This look incorporates very few pieces. It’s not layered or overdone, just a top and pants. That being said, the pattern on the pants and the color on the top are bold enough to carry the outfit on their own. It’s definitely easy to over-do it when patterns and bold colors are involved, so I kept this look as simple as possible. The addition of a delicate necklace and watch were all it needed to feel complete.

blog-1

I recently picked up this piece at a local boutique, Dear Prudence. Those of you who live in the area have to check this adorable shop out. It’s located in East Grand Rapids, and they carry really special jewelry for reasonable prices.

blog-5 blog-6blog-2 blog-8 blog-7 blog-4 blog-3

Top: Soft Joie c/o Shopbop (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Jeans: 7 For All Mankind c/o Shopbop (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: c/o Dear Prudence
Watch: c/o The Trendy Boutique (Same. *enter code SIDEWALK15 for 15% off total purchase.)
Shoes: c/o Minnetonka Mocassin (Same.)

Air dried and lightly touched up by curling random pieces away from my face with a 1.5″ curling iron – leaving the ends straight. Pulled sides back and pinned into place.

Have to entered to win a $50 credit to Florence Adams yet? The giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight!

11 Responses to “Break it down.”

1. Kimberly says:

Love the pattern of those skinnies and the fact that it’s a little more subtle than some I’ve seen. Also adore the dainty necklace…have a great weekend! :)

2. Kate says:

I like that ideas, when two pieces of clothing stand out – keep it as simple as possible! Thanks!

Kate

3. kw says:

love your sweater and pants as stand out separates coming together to make an outfit. think it would have been fabulous with a simple pair of heels!

4. Heather P. says:

Cute outfit! The necklace is really pretty too. I love wearing jewelry like that, especially when wearing some of the bolder things in my own closet!

Hope you’re staying warm this weekend!

5. Ashleigh says:

I like this simpler look. Since it’s winter it is easy to overdo EVERYTHING! jeans and boots and a tank and a shirt and a sweater and a snood and a jacket…you get the picture. I really enjoy how easy this looks, and how you let the pants do the talking for you.

6. lorilea says:

Wow, maybe I should read the blogs’ I follow “about” sections – I live in Michigan too, and I love reading blogs from the mitten state! Awesome.

7. Olga says:

I love it! The pattern of the jeans is just right, beautiful and subtle. The color of your sweater is really my favorite! The necklace is very cute, stylish and feminine!

OCWishes.com

8. Naomi A says:

Beautiful necklace! I’ll have to check them out the next time I’m in the Mitt~

The Occasional Indulgence

9. Andrea says:

I absolutely love the patter on those pants. It’s different but still subtle in its own way.
    ~Andrea

10. Love those jeans! And that bright red is gorgeous on you.

11. Jessica says:

I think the cut of the top is important too, and this top has a cut that I like. Cute outfit :)