Grays.

January 3, 2013

Gray on gray, what more can I say?

blog-2 blog-4blog-1 blog-6blog-5 blog-7 blog-8 blog-3

Sweater: c/o Tulle (Same. *on sale!)
Tee (inside out): Target (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Cowl: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace (used bracelet as an extender): c/o RedEnvelope (Same. Other pretty styles here.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same. *enter discount code “sidewalk” at check out for 15% off!)
Bracelet: Gift from Poshlocket (Same.)
Purse: E.Sprit (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: c/o Wanted Shoes (Same. *on sale!)

Tutorial here.

47 Responses to “Grays.”

1. Alissa says:

Some days you just have to wear grey to make it through. Yesterday I had one of those days!

2. Poppie says:

Such a soft look! You look like an elegant old hollywood star.

Chao
    Poppie

3. Rebecca says:

Gray is definitely my most worn color – I love how you pulled of the gray on gray (those jeans are AMAZING).
    Also, hair and makeup – perfection. you are gorgeous.

4. Laura says:

Love the gray on gray, and how the cognac accessories amp up the contrast!

(Also, THANK YOU for not titling this post “50 Shades of Grey”. Seriously.)

So much gray, and yet you don’t look gloomy :) I love this outfit.

Sarah’s Real Life

6. Jessica says:

I love it! I love wearing grey. You can wear it with anything, like black, except with heather textures and different shades it’s not as boring. I wish I could buy that sweater, but I already have too many, lol. But the look you have going is exactly what I like to do it. A shirt underneath a long cardigan (always worn open) with skinny jeans and a scarf.

I know that grey is supposed to make you feel sad, but wearing it always makes me feel happy! I love how you layered the shades with different textures. It turned out beautifully!

8. Christina says:

Perfect outfit – grey is my favorite! I’m jealous — you have snow.

9. Aaarrgh! Why is your hair always so pretty?! You have given me serious case of hair envy!

10. Wonderful look! Love the details.

intherainblog.com

11. Christine says:

I always stop myself from wearing all grey, but I love this!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

12. Inge says:

I always think about adding an extender to my necklaces but then worry it will show in the back. I LOVE this idea of layering the long necklace under a scarf! Then I wouldnt have to worry about the extender showing AND I can keep warm and cozy!

13. I really like this outfit! Beautiful tones throughout.

14. Caitlin says:

Currently coveting your boots. I love that color of brown, especially paired with gray! What lip color are you wearing? It’s bright yet soft.

Thank you! The lip color was purchased locally on clearance. If I ever find anything similar I’ll be sure to mention it!

15. Naomi A says:

I love the grey on brown. Coxy casual~

The Occasional Indulgence

16. Such a beautiful comfy outfit! Your sweater looks so cozy.

Alice

17. Rae says:

Absolutely love this. You look so great! What’s the lip color you are wearing??

18. Love the sweater and want to buy one. Do you think it runs true to size, big or small? Can you tell me what size yours is and how tall you are?

19. ashleigh says:

I love that you paired the brown leather with all of the gray instead of black. I also love that you spell it GRAY not GREY. It bothers me when I see an “e” in it. I’m just ornery I guess! You hair is darker here…Is it roots or did you get darker for winter? Either way I dig it.

It’s the same color as before, I just think a lot of the lighter pieces are wrapped up in the twists and the bun in back.

20. GreenBean says:

Hi Kayley! I’m asking all my favorite bloggers to please try an outfit with a men’s tie this week. I know you can make this look super chic! I hope you will participate.

21. Kayla says:

Love the idea of using an extra jewelry piece to extend the necklace! I used this today when I got dressed to make a necklace a different length. Thanks!!

22. shannon says:

You look amazing and your pictures are gorgeous as ever.

23. Somehow you make grey look happy – almost colorful. Love the outfit!

24. Kai says:

You’re so chic. Love these photos.

25. Francesca says:

Gorgeous outfit, I love how you layered this look. I really like your sweater, and your hair! Very pretty!

26. Love this look. The gray pieces look so lovely with the brown of your bag and boots! I just found your blog and love it. Great looks and beautiful photos! xo
    Best, M.

27. Jupe says:

I love the idea of a monocrhomatic outfit…and I think you nailed it with these greys! Also it’s a great color to put with that rich, tawny brown…love the boots!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

28. Bec says:

The Daniel Wellington discount doesn’t work anymore. I am OBSESSED with your watch and want to get one. Is there anyway to get the 15% discount again, or did I miss my chance?

Your outfit is amazing.

29. Andrea says:

ah I love your hair!! I am definitely going to be checking out your tutorial :)
    ~Andrea

30. Brooke Lyn says:

Might have taken one out of your playbook and purchased those booties over the weekend! Can’t wait for them to show up on my doorstep!

31. whitney says:

those boots are TO DIE FOR!!!

and is your hair darker? i love it!!

32. nancy says:

can you tell me if the wellington watch you are wearing is the 36 mm women’s watch or the 40 mm mens. thanks. the watch looks great on you!!!!!

It’s the 36mm!

• nancy says:

Thanks for the size information I found the watch in a store in NY they do mail orders If anyone wants the name of the store and phone. it is “Teich” phone number is 212-537-6630. I spoke to Allison she is the owners wife or JJ.

I can’t wait to get it.

33. Jennifer says:

I love your ENTIRE outfit! I have the shoes and am fighting the urge to not buy the sweater but i don’t think I can hold back! Haha :) so just wondering, your sweater looks a little different than the gray and white one on Tulle’s website… I wanted to double check the one in your picture was the gray because i love the color!!!! :)