Double cowl.

January 9, 2013

I don’t think my recent obsession with cowl scarves has gone unnoticed. I was wearing the one I purchased at Gap so often that I got two more as gifts for Christmas (Thanks Kai & Danielle!) I wore this same sweater/scarf combination on Christmas day with pants, and decided to dress it up the following Saturday with one of my favorite skirts. I felt so chic and cozy in this ensemble!

Something I especially love about this combination is the fullness around the neck. I’ve been wearing my cowl scarves with regular turtlenecks as well. It’s an unexpected, but successful, pairing.

blog-2blog-3  blog-7blog-6blog-1 blog-8blog-5blog-4

Sweater: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Scarf: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Earrings: c/o Poshlocket (Same.)
Skirt: c/o Dahlia Fashion (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: c/o Blowfish (Same. *on sale)

Pulled into a high ponytail. Backcombed ends, smoothed, spun into a bun and pinned into place.

pssst. I’m currently in the running for a free trip to fashion week in February! And guess what else? If I win, a randomly selected winner/voter will get to go, too! Vote here.

23 Responses to “Double cowl.”

1. kelsey says:

well this is gorgeous! i love that your style is always so crisp, fresh, and clean!

2. How amazing is this skirt?! Absolutely love the hem detail and that you paired it with lace-up boots for a rugged meets sophisticated look…perfect! :)

I love black and white ensembles for winter. Nice subtle texture with the scarf and the hem of the skirt!

Sarah’s Real Life

4. Emily Beth says:

Beautiful skirt! Your photo are gorg!

5. Andrea says:

this is a beautiful combination. The black and white trend is really catching on (I actually just wrote about this yesterday on my own blog). I LOVE the addition of red lipstick and your hairstyle. It’s very classic and chic.
    ~Andrea

6. Lauren says:

i love how you did the double cowl, that’s a great idea! love your earrings and booties as well!

-Lauren

7. Naomi A says:

Loving the classic black and white, and those gorgeous boots!

The Occasional Indulgence

8. I love this outfit! It reminds me of something an ice skater would wear. Beautiful skirt! xo
    Best, M.
    fadedmstyle.com

9. lyddiegal says:

I love a cozy cowl!
    I think the white on white/black and white look is super elegant, especially with your snowy backdrop.

10. cait & val says:

stunning look!!!! that lazer cut skirt is amazing & so is the pop of purple on your booties!

xo. c & v
    cake & valley

11. Caitlin says:

The hem on this skirt is adorable! I bought Banana’s faux fur snood around Christmastime, but this cowl you’re wearing was definitely a purchasing contender. Loving the neutrals!

Caitlin
    re-mix-her.tumblr.com

12. Lisa Walter says:

So cute. I might just have to find a snood.
    Love the cutouts on the skirt.

13. I never thought about wearing a cowl scarf with a cowl-neck top. Great idea! And that skirt is gorgeous!

14. ashleigh says:

I love the hair. With it up you can really appreciate the detail of the snood.

15. I looove cowl necks but being chesty, they don’t always love me back. Absolutely love this whole look – winter whites on top, a winter-ready skirt on bottom in my fave silhouette. You look stunning!

Alexandra xo

tovogueorbust.com

16. Francesca says:

That scarf is making me wish for winter!!

17. shannon says:

I love this classic black and white combination. And I’m so jealous of your snow! Makes for stunning pictures. :)

18. that cowl looks so warm and cozy — and love all the black and white in this outfit! xo

19. Megan says:

Love everything about this post! I will have to try the turtleneck/cowl combo. Thanks for the tip!

xo Megan, to: Hello Beautiful

20. So glad I found your blog through Ruby Girl – this look is gorgeous! I LOVE that skirt. :) Good luck with your trip to NYFW! It’s always been on my bucket list.

Morgan
    seemomogo.blogspot.com

21. Alison says:

I’m so glad you were featured on Lindsey’s blog today, so that I could be introduced to yours! I love your style, and I’m excited to have found what I’m sure will be one of my new favorite blogs.

22. Alissa says:

I voted for you!!! Is there any way you can do a tutorial on your hair??? Maybe include styling products, how many pins you used, etc.??? I would love to copy that hair in the near future! LOVE your blog, thanks for your style tips. I do a lot of shopping at J Crew, Gap and Target so I have a lot of similar items that you feature.

23. Inge says:

The details on this skirt are so sweet! And the bow earrings too, love them.

Inge