Master Bedroom Makeover.

December 13, 2012

Filed Under: Design

I am making a valiant effort to do more decor posts on Sidewalk Ready! As many of you know, interior design is a hobby of mine and I am always looking for new ideas on how to spruce up our old home. We bought our house specifically because we loved it’s character and potential. It has been such a blast for Kai and I to make it our own!

We recently made some changes to our master bedroom, and I’m so excited to share. I am in love with our new shams and throw courtesy of Pine Cone Hill!

When selecting the bedding that would suit our decor the best, I tried to stick with our current wall color. I don’t mind painting, but after updating our entire house, it was time for a break. The last thing I wanted to do was change the color of this room again!

The main photo in the Nana’s Attic Collection really caught my attention because the headboard in the photo was close to the same color as our walls. I knew this would be perfect for our room! To accent our white duvet, I selected the Hydrangea Sham, two Candlewick Curry Shams, and the Candlewick Curry Throw. I love the way it turned out! You can find links to all of the items here.

I love this view:

Another favorite project that we completed awhile ago: my jewelry display/organizer. I’ve featured this before but thought I’d share it again for any new readers. It is simply reclaimed barnwood that we added rusty nails to, and then hung on the wall. It was really easy and has helped me immensely! It also has accommodated a growing collection as more than one piece can be hung on each nail. The board to the left is a cork board that I stick my earrings in. I keep all my earring backs in the stand on the dresser, along with my pendants and rings.

blog-3

I’ve recently had the pleasure of sampling some of Yankee Candles’ new products! The candle above is the “Vanilla Shimmer” from the All That Glitters Collection. The other two candles in the line are called “Bubbly Champagne” and “Festive Glow” and are featured below. They are perfect for the holiday season and into the new year. I’ve been burning them constantly and my house smells so good I could eat it. I also feel comfortable proudly displaying them because they are so pretty! When the sad day comes that they are completely gone (which might be awhile considering how little has burned away so far), I am planning on saving the jars for future decor ideas. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving!

blog-2

Well, that’s it for the bedroom updates! Next project: new floors! We will be switching out this carpet for hardwoods hopefully soon. I can hardly wait! I’ll post some updated pictures then.

Stay tuned because next week I am going to be sharing my holiday decor!

24 Responses to “Master Bedroom Makeover.”

1. Jupe says:

Looks so fresh and romantic and pretty!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Check out my…… Jose Eber GIVEAWAY!!!!!!

2. Franzisk says:

I am in LOVE with those candles. If they weren’t so dang expensive I would have them all over the place. Lucky girl!

3. This looks gorgeous – I love how light & bright it is…and all the vintage touches throughout the room are perfect!

4. Pia says:

Wow your room looks amazing and I love your jewelry display.
    Great job!!

pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

5. I Love that wall color – and the new shams are gorgeous!

6. Emily Beth says:

Can you come design my whole entire house? That room is gorgeous! And I’m LOVING your jewelry display. Awesome post!

xo Emily Beth @ Inspired Attire</a

7. Lynette says:

AHH This looks so great, Kayley! My husband and I are currently in a two bedroom apartment, and it’s a nice apartment, but it’s sooo hard to be motivated to really make it extra fancy when it’s so small and it’s not ours, you know? But I really like what you’ve done with your bedroom!

Question: How are your earrings sticking on that cork board? Do you just push them into it? What about the backings of your earrings? Just curious, because I keep all my necklaces hung on a cork board, but am continually trying to figure out a good system for my earrings, because just keeping them in a bowl or jewelry box is not a very easy or organized system.

Lynette @ lynette marie

I do just push them into it. Lightly, though! They have all been fine but the corkboard is getting a little messed up. Might need to get a new one eventually!

8. Ashleigh says:

I actually organized my jewelry in a similar fashion after I saw your original post and it made my life easier by far! it’s my favorite thing by far!

9. You have a gorgeous bed room! I love love love the chandelier! So pretty.

10. Jaclyn says:

Looks great! I love how crisp and clean white bedding looks.

11. Danica says:

the room looks great! love the chandelier.

12. Naomi A says:

Wow your bedroom looks like it belongs in a fancy bed and breakfast! Kudos!

13. Joanna Morgan says:

Love the decor post! Of course I always look forward to seeing your outfits (I get so much inspiration!), but I love seeing posts like this too. :)

14. your bedroom looks amazing — can’t wait to see more decor photos! xo

15. Monica says:

Where is the bedroom furniture from? I’m in the market for some and love the way your’s looks. Room looks fantastic.

16. Amber S. says:

Very beautiful. I’m excited for more home decor features on the blog. I too love a well-dressed home! If you don’t mind me asking, where are your curtains and curtain hardware from?

17. shannon says:

Looks lovely. Very soft and inviting. The colors are so pretty.

18. Poppie says:

I love the idea to make your jewelry art! Those boards hanging look lovely and I’m sure when the sunlight hits just right they sparkle!

Chao
    Poppie

19. Christina says:

Very pretty Kayley. I especially like the chandelier and the color palette.

20. Puput says:

waaaa so pretty. makes me want to make over my room