Chic holiday.

December 19, 2012

This is my fourth and final look in my collaboration with Wanted Shoes. Ladies (and gentlemen?), I give you “Chic Holiday”.

The Barb Flats fell perfectly into this category. I loved them paired with the Forget You Top from The Impeccable Pig. As I’m sure you’ve already noticed, I’m a detail person. The studs on the shoes and the beading on this blouse totally won me over! I couldn’t decide what bottoms I wanted to wear this these two items, and kept going back and forth between wearing all black and adding some color. Clearly, I finally settled upon adding a pop of red – which I thought really turned this into a true holiday look.

I am loving this color combination for this time of year. Red, black, metallic. Perfect.

It’s also worth mentioning that I considered wearing a lipstick that matched my pants but ultimately decided against it. There is such a thing as being too matchy, you know?

blog-1

blog-4

blog-3

blog-5

blog-2

Blouse: c/o The Impeccable Pig (Same.)
Pants: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: c/o Wanted Shoes (Same. *buy two get one free)

Wrapped around a 1.25″ curling iron.

For other holiday looks click the following: Classic Holiday, Bohemian Holiday, and Girly Holiday.

22 Responses to “Chic holiday.”

1. I love the details on that blouse! So pretty and I am glad that you added the red to the outfit. I think it brings out the details in the blouse and shoes even more.

2. Emily Beth says:

Those shoes are awesome! and love the red pants!

xo Emily Beth @ Inspired Attire

3. Ashleigh says:

I love the slouchy-ness of the top with the pants, and I love that the studs on the back of the shoes kinda look like a Christmas tree!

4. Hannah says:

Those shoes are so gorgeous – I have to get my mitts on a pair! I love this whole look – chic but still casual and fun. The fit of the pants with the top is perfection x

5. I love the spikes on the back of the heel like that! Such a cute touch!

6. Christine says:

I’m wearing something very similar today! You’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see it though!

love it!

7. daddy says:

You are so pretty, Kayley bubs.

Details for the win! I think they really take this outfit to the next level. I mean you would look nice anyway in the red and black simplicity, but there wouldn’t be anything to make me go, “whoa…I really love that top/shoes.”

Sarah’s Real Life

9. Chioma says:

so simple and cute! love it!

Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

10. Z says:

Mmm I love this outfit! Beautiful simplicity…apart from the red pants. but hey, we all need a pair of red pants in our lives, am I right?
    -Z

11. These bright skinnies look amazing on you – and I love the detail on the back of these flats…so cute!

12. mary says:

o man i love that top…..

13. absolutely love this simple outfit, kayley. haha i am with you on the not being too matchy matchy, but i think this looks great!!

14. Essence says:

For the record, I would have really enjoyed a matching lip.
    I think one can be too matchy-matchy, but it would have brought attention to your very lovely face.
    And there is no law against that!

Merry Christmas!

15. Jessica says:

Cute outfit! Though I’m not a hug fan of red, those pants look good on you. I would swap out the red for a regular denim or beige if I were wearing it, though.

Btw, aren’t you freezing your buns off doing these photos without an outer layer?

16. kelsey says:

oh gorgeous flats! i need to up my flat collection. mine are so… boring.

17. Love that you went with the reds pants…such a pretty color!

18. shannon says:

Love the red pants! Perfect for the holidays.