Trendy evening.

November 14, 2012

This past Monday night I attended a local fashion show put on by Lamb Boutique. I chose to wear these gold sequin pants I recently received from Beauxx. They were perfect for this event! I try not to go over the top when it comes to wearing trends, but I have found that really trendy items are perfect for a night out.

Evenings are also the perfect time for chunky jewelry, like this leather and gold bib necklace from Le Mode, and don’t forget your dramatic make up – bold eyes and lips? Don’t mind if I do! pssst. To create a darker lip, I dabbed some black eyeliner on after applying my lipstick and distributed the color with a brush.

Sweater: Forever 21 (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: c/o Le Mode (Same.)
Pants: Stylestalker c/o Beauxx (Same.) *use code SW15 for 15% off!
Clutch: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Bracelet: Anthropologie (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Alice + Olivia c/o Shopbop (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Air dried and then curled the midstrand with a 1.5″ curling iron, leaving the top and bottom straight.

41 Responses to “Trendy evening.”

1. Layne says:

damn. you’re sexy. and with those lips you like look a vampire. a sexy, spicy vampire.

2. Alexandria says:

What a fun look! You look fantastic as always!

3. Love this look. You’ve been very edgy lately, and that vampy lipstick is totally on trend. I am going to see the Trans-Siberian orchestra this weekend and I think I want something similar to this. You have to dress up, but not be over-dressed. It is a perfect going out look!
    -Ash

4. Jacqueline says:

Way to rock those sequin pants! Not an easy thing to pull off!

5. Andrea says:

Omg I think those are possibly the best pants I have ever seen. I know what you mean about not wanting to go over the top, but you don’t look over the top at all (which is difficult to do considering you’re wearing full on sequin pants!). It just looks super classy and fun. Looks like it would be the perfect outfit for a holiday party, love it :)
    ~Andrea

6. I might not be able to live without a pair of sequined pants after seeing this post! So incredibly fabulous!!! I’m picturing new years outfits already hah

I love everything about this except the lipstick…I just think it looks a little goth. I’m a little scared of you right now, like maybe you’ll breathe fire on me.

Sarah’s Real Life (pssst! Gems & Jam giveaway in progress…)

Haha that’s funny. As weird as it seems, that’s actually kind of what I was going for. I was looking for something that was a little “haunting”.

8. Star White says:

Wow. I absolutely love each piece of this oufit!! You styled those pants perfectly!

9. mojo says:

pants my fav.! looks great on you also. http://www.viamojo.blogspot.com

10. Very pretty outfit! I love the sequins pants and the dark lipstick!

11. Christine says:

I can’t even imagine how much fun it was to wear those pants! I hope you had an incredible time!

work-it-blog.blogspot.com

12. These pants are just beyond! Love the shoes too – what an amazing glam outfit :)

13. holy moly!! you look amazing!!!!! love this look, kayley!

Love love love your lip color! Very different for you but looks great! Thanks for the tip. :)

15. Alyssa says:

I love this! Super glam, super fun, and super yes! to everything you’re wearing!

16. So edgy! I don’t know that I’d be brave enough to pull this off, but you certainly rock it!

17. Brittany says:

Glad I ran into your blog, and those lips!!! Must try that eyeliner trick;0 I love fashion shows and this outfit is just perfect!!! Now following!

18. shannon says:

OMG! Your pants are AMAZING! You look chic and gorgeous.

19. Essence says:

Do you know the movie Mean Girls? I hope so.
    The part when Cady comes down the stairs in a pink and black colorblocked tube dress and the two plastics say, “You look AWESOME”.
    Know that part? They say it in perfect unison?
    Well that just happened. I clicked “Older” on bloglovin and your post came up and my mom and I both said, “You look AWESOME”

It was epic.

Girl, that lip, those pants. PERFECTION.

hahaha that’s hilarious. I definitely know that part. “You look awesome.” “I know, right? Okay, so I got enough cheese and crackers for 8 people. Do you think that’s enough?”

20. HollyDolly says:

AMAZING pants! Eyes, lips, pants….. such a bold look. You pull it off so well!

21. Kat says:

Ok, I would look riddic in those – but totally cute on you! Love the look, simple but special.

22. Great fun to see you in darker colors, love the lip and of course the entire outfit!

23. Tara says:

Those pants are amazing…so fun!!

24. Laura says:

I was so bummed I couldn’t make it to that show :( You look incredible and I love your pants!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

25. kw says:

they may be trendy, but they look fabulous. who doesn’t want to glitter all night long.

26. M says:

Could you be anymore gorgeous? Amazing look!

27. perfect outfit, might have to be a repeat for NYE

xoxo navy & orange

28. Whitney says:

oh my goodness i LOVE this look!! i wouldn’t have thought you could make sequined pants look so classy but you did! and i love the makeup as well.

29. jentine says:

Ugh. I am choking on my jealousy over those pants. So perfect.

30. Gorgeous evening look! Wished I could pull off those pants!

Alice

31. Ciiku says:

Gorgeous lip colour!

32. Anja says:

wow, you look amazing and just a bit scary with that lipstick, but in a good way. Cool! Definitely love those pants!

33. Dang girl! You pull off these pants SOO well! and those lips?? soo hot!!

xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

34. Samantha says:

This outfit is STUNNING!

35. Myah says:

Wow! You look amazing. Your pants are fab.
    Myah