Legging Look featuring Lulus.com

November 7, 2012

If you get nothing else from this blog post, at least make note of how to appropriately wear leggings – with a long top to cover your lady parts. I know you’ve all heard this before but let this serve as a reminder: I don’t care how good you mistakenly think they make your booty look, leggings are not pants.

So in conclusion, invest in tunic length tops and sweaters! I especially love this sweater from Tulle (links below). It is soft, comfortable, and the color is awesome for fall. It pairs perfectly with leggings and is still put-together for a lazy day! I also love long tops with legging jeans and boots. The tapestry detail on these boots gives it a little something extra, dontcha think?

Cardigan: c/o Tulle (Same.)
Shirt: J.Crew Factory Store (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Leggings: New York & Co.
Necklace: Anthropologie (Similar.)
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same.) *enter discount code “sidewalk” at check out for 15% off!
Boots: c/o LuLu*s (Same.)
Purse: Dooney & Bourke (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Day dirty – curled away from my face with a 1.25″ curling iron.

I excited to say that I am Jigsaw London’s blogger of the moment! You can view the interview here, and my twelve picks from their awesome inventory here.

24 Responses to “Legging Look featuring Lulus.com”

1. Jackie says:

HAHA! I totally agree on your comments regarding leggings. Your new slogan is “Kayley – Protecting women from the Camel-toe since 2012″.

2. hahahaah i’m cracking up at Jackie’s comment. no but for real i totally agree!! love this look, kayley!

3. Emily says:

I so agree with your leggings philosophy.

4. Jessica says:

Leggings are NOT pants! Preach it!

5. kelsey says:

gorgeous! i have a vintage dooney and burke all weather leather purse i found thrifting. it looks similar!

I very much respect the important work you’re doing in informing the public about the proper use of leggings. Your wisdom is invaluable to society as a whole. Kudos.

Sarah’s Real Life

7. I love this outfit! Leggings are great but they need to be worth right! I totally agree. I also really like those boots the pattern is great.

8. Mint Julep says:

I have to say that depends on the type of leggings you’re wearing. Some are just like pants, and I wore a pair today, and my ladyparts were not covered. And I’m fat! But I looked darn good.

9. Bahah, I’m wearing that exact cardigan right now as I type this! TWINSIES! So fetch.

10. Completely agree with you about the leggings – that was one of my biggest pet peeves in college. It was basically uniform at my school – bleeeh :P

I love those boots! So different and fun!

11. Cynthia Meyers says:

Amen! I have always stated to friends about the fact that leggings are not pants! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh! love the boots and sweater!

12. shannon says:

The perfect look for leggings! I agree with you, longer shirts or tunics are appropriate with leggings. And your boots are super cute.

13. Elle says:

Loving this outfit! So cozy and comfy for fall, yet super stylish :)
    xo, elle from Living in Color.

14. Ashleigh says:

I agree. Leggings are NOT pants! Blame Miss Lindsay Lohan circa 2006 for that one. The detail on the boots is so beautiful! But I think your necklace really ties it all together!

15. Claudia says:

Yeah not really into the leggings-as-pants.

16. Rachel says:

Love your cardigan and leggings! Such a cute fall look :)

17. I agree! Your booty needs to be covered when wearing leggings! I saw a lady in an airport bending over to go through her luggage and it made her leggings so thin that you could see all her business. I have vowed to never be that lady. lol. You look great!

18. MJ says:

Couldn’t have said it better about leggings and so called “lady parts.” People must remember that leggings do not function as pants! Can’t just crop your looks at the waist and call it a day!

-MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

19. Ciiku says:

“I don’t care how good you mistakenly think they make your booty look, leggings are not pants”.

HEAR! HEAR!
    Someone should make a billboard of these words.

20. 100% agreeing with your comment about our lady parts. No to camel toe! Love your sweater – looks so cozy.

Alice

21. Jill says:

In the words of Blair Waldorf..”Tights aren’t pants!” I think she meant the same about leggings too!

22. This is definitely the right and classy way of wearing leggins ! You look great !
    My Blog – A Pretty Nest