Sick day.

October 9, 2012

This past weekend I started coming down with a nasty cold that I acquired from either my family or Kai (probably Kai). It is now as it’s peak, but yesterday I managed to get ready, work in the morning, and then head downtown for lunch. I dressed comfortably and brought a light load of sick day essentials: drivers license, cell phone, tissue, and hydrating lipstick. The driver’s license and cell phone are more your everyday essentials, the tissue for my faucet of a nose, and the hydrating lipstick to moisturize and add color to my dehydrated, can’t-breathe-through-my-nose lips. I also used the lipstick as a cream blush to liven up my sickly complexion. Cute, right?

I spent the rest of my day working my way through an entire box of kleenex, catching up on my dvr, and scrolling through way too many pages of this website.

Sweater: Secondhand (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Top: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Scarf: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Leggings: New York & Co.
Pin: Thrifted (Similar.)
Bracelet: Purchased in Kenya (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Purse: c/o Minnetonka (Same.)
Booties: c/o Blowfish (Same.)

Pulled into a messy bun while partially wet.

– Kayls.

32 Responses to “Sick day.”

1. Star White says:

Um, cutest sick person ever. Love the little pin on your scarf!

2. Andrea says:

Any outfit that allows you to look that comfy is awesome in my books. I especially love the purse. I have one with fringe as well and it’s one of my favourites. Hope you feel better! :)
    ~Andrea

3. Being sick is no fun at all! I have been fighting a cold for a week now. You still look loving and I definitely wouldn’t have known you were sick if you hadn’t said so. I love the pin of your scarf and your purse!

4. Laurie says:

Love, love the pin on your scarf! And how did you tie your scarf? It looks effortless but really cute!

It’s a square scarf – I folded it in half diagonally and then tied the tails behind my neck and tucked them under!

5. Very cute. No one would ever know you were sick! Get well soon!

6. Hope you’re feeling better! I think I’m coming down with something too :( At least you still look amazing!

7. You make the sick me look like a tiny bit of a slob :p I really like your minnetonka bag!
    Time Stand Still

8. kelsey says:

gorgeous lady, feel better soon!

9. Sorry you’ve been sick; I was out with some crud as well, but I think you’ve recovered quite well. I love the length of the cardi on you and the mix of patterns. And that lipstick is just lovely!

10. Eve says:

Suri’s burn book is the BEST! And the greatest “sick day” activity. When someone needs to be cheered up, I often send them a link to Suri’s latest biting observations. Hope you feel better soon!

11. Colds are going around right now! I hope yours goes away quickly.

Question: is that the polka dot top from the Gap that’s kind of a dark navy? I never know if it’s cool to wear it with black or not.

12. Melanie says:

This outfit is perfect! So sorry you’re sick, but I do find that it is quite unfair that you look this adorable when dealing with a cold ;)

13. She Dabbles says:

Aww I hope you feel better soon! I just wrote a very similar post for my blog, darn cold season! I love your comfy chic outfit and will be emulating it tomorrow to work!

~C

14. SK says:

This outfit looks great! Hope you feel better soon

sincerelysk.blogspot.com

15. Jupe says:

Very much enjoy the two tiny prints paired together…charming! And those wedge booties are fantastic.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

16. care says:

I always wonder what lipstick you are wearing. You should add it:outfit, hair, lipstick. You pick such flattering shades. Hope you’re feeling better.

thank you! a lot of the lipsticks I’ve been wearing recently are colors that are being phased out of my local make up boutique and aren’t online anymore. If I ever wear any that are still available I will try to remember to link to it!

17. Jaclyn says:

That website is seriously addicting. Hope you feel better soon :)

18. Hope you feel better soon. You are such a trooper for taking pictures while you are sick and still looking fab!

Alice

19. Laura says:

Man, I wish I looked that put together on my sick days! Love the little deer pin – that’s a sweet touch. I hope you’re feeling better :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

20. Blair says:

“Sick” eh? Wish I looked that good being sick… Just kidding. I know you’re legitimately under the weather RG. Get better so we can hang!

BLASH

21. Katie says:

It really shouldn’t be allowed to look that good when one is sick. Seriously I wouldn’t have been able to tell at all! You are always gorgeous. I love those leggings! The detail on the side really makes them special.

22. Jessica says:

HAHAHA suri’s burn book just made me late for work. was it worth it? um yep

23. Kat says:

I’ve been addicted to Suri’s Burn Book for months now – I just leave the tab open on my ipad all the time. Feel better!

24. Alicia Segerson says:

Thank you! I just spent 2 hours reading that Suri Burn blog!!! I just kept scrolling and scrolling :)

25. mary says:

did you get to p. 19 on the website?
    it shows katie holmes singing…quite funny….

26. Kate says:

Where did you get your glasses? Love them <3

27. Christine says:

I hope I can’t contract you sickness through reading your blog! Feel better!

28. Jessica says:

I hope your cold didn’t last too long. I really like your outfit, especially the hair and glasses. It’s very boho chic. I’m trying to grow my hair out so that I can wear my hair in a high messy bun like that.