Leather mix.

October 17, 2012

I somehow managed to lose my phone twice today … for extended periods of time. Kai found it both times. I think he is about ready to get rid of me.

In more fashion-related news, I wore two shades of leather together. I wonder if this might be breaking some rules, but I really like this skirt and watch, and I decided that I needed to wear both of them – today. I added the brown belt, shoes, and purse to tie the colors together a bit.

Sweater: LOFT (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Tank: Old Navy (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Skirt: c/o Dahlia (Same.)
Belt: Thrifted Calvin Klein
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington (Same.) *enter discount code “sidewalk” at check out for 15% off!
Purse: Secondhand Dooney & Bourke (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Nordstrom Rack (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

Air dried. I was too busy looking for my phone.

- Kayls.

P.S. Like my skirt? There’s more where it came from! Dahlia is offering free worldwide shipping through the 28th. Click the banner below for more info!

Dahlia Hidden Landing Page

20 Responses to “Leather mix.”

1. Jupe says:

These pictures are seriously just so gorgeous, love. You look stunning! I don’t mind the two tones of leather together either…think it’s kinda sophisticated but quirky!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

Rules, schmules. I don’t see why you couldn’t wear 2 leathers together. I mean you’re doing it…and it looks good to me. And obviously it’s what I think that matters.

Sarah’s Real Life

3. Maca says:

Love the laser cut on the skirt! edgy and sweet and wonderful!

4. Karina says:

Oh man, I have totally misplace my phone all the time…. occasionally WHILE talking on it! Do you have an iPhone? If you do, you should install “Find My iPhone”. Total lifesaver. It shows you where it is gps wise (so you know you didn’t leave it in the dressing room or at the café). And you can force it to make a beeping noise even if it is on silent. (You know, so you can find it when Kai isn’t available…)

Also, your hair is amazing air dried… Lucky lucky you! Do you put any product in it as it dries to give it that volume?

after it was dry I sprinkled Big Sexy Hair Powder Play in at the roots. I should have listed that! I also toss it around a lot as it dries. :)

and no! I don’t have the iPhone yet. I am getting the 5 because I’m due for an upgrade but I didn’t feel like putting in the effort of pre-ordering. I am going to wait until it’s available at my Verizon store – and I will certainly install that find my phone app!

5. Christine R. says:

I really really love that skirt!

6. Love this look its so cute, I really like the detail at the bottom of the black skirt!

7. Oh geez! I thought this was a dress! I love this look the browns and leathers. Also what a great thrifting find for a belt. Luck girl!

8. Laura says:

Such a pretty look! I really love the colors – don’t worry too much about not matching :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

9. Emily says:

Love the outfit!

10. Danica says:

love the outfit! that skirt is amazing. :)

11. Kristen says:

This leather mix makes me happier than it probably should.

12. That skirt is gorgeous!

13. Maggie says:

I think the combo works great. Love it!

14. Andrea says:

I love the detailing on the skirt. I think brown and black look great together (I’ve never understood that “rule” about not pairing them together…silliness). The bag is also great.
    ~Andrea
    Oh and all those Fall colours on the trees are beautiful (I’m obsessed)

15. kw says:

this is gorgeous! love the dress with the watch and don’t think it’s a fashion misstep at all! beautiful.

16. Anja says:

Oh how lovely! This is an awesome look for autumn and that skirt is really something special! Lovely!

Anja
    A Heart and Soul Story Blog

17. shelby says:

love the watch is it the mens version or the classic lady? thanks so much!