Park ranger.

August 31, 2012

Kai saw this hat sitting on our dining room table the day after I bought it and said “That looks like a park ranger hat.” He redeemed himself by telling me it looked cute when I put it on, but then added “Now all you need is a badge.” This hat doesn’t entirely match my fashion aesthetic, but I really liked it, so that has to count for something, right? To keep it from getting too bohemian I went with some updated 70s inspired pieces that would compliment the hat, but not make the entire ensemble feel like a costume.

Tank: Target (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Jeans: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Hat: Gap (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Purse: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Boots: Sam Edelman via Last Call (Similar, Similar Knee High)
Bracelets: (left arm) H&M , (right arm) c/o Loft , Anthropologie , c/o Saressa Designs (Same.)

Curled away from my face with a 1.25″ curling iron and then brushed.

Thank you everyone for your congratulations on my anniversary post yesterday. Kai and I had a wonderful day in our favorite beach town, Ludington. We didn’t bring along the huge camera, but Kai did snap some shots on his iPhone. Those will get their own post in a few days!

– Kayls.

20 Responses to “Park ranger.”

1. Kai says:

You’re looking quite adorable in your hat, my love.

2. Maria C. Polifroni says:

Love the hat, you look great!

3. Jupe says:

I just love your hat, hon! I think you made it work with your aesthetic…the 70s feel is perfect, not too over the top.

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

4. Girl you took the 70s and made them look hot again! Hat looks awesome on you :)

5. I love this outfit. The hat is awesome. And I really like the overall vibe and color scheme! Those shoes are awesome too.

6. danielleeeEe. says:

bracelets!!!!!!! <3

7. Emily says:

Love the styling! My husband dubbed a pair of my pants “zookeeper” pants. Couldn’t wear them again without thinking that.

OK, I can kiiind of see what he meant, but if you hadn’t said anything, I wouldn’t have made the connection on my own! In the outfit as a whole you look NOTHING like a park ranger. Unless you have some super cute park rangers wherever you live.

Sarah’s Real Life

9. SK says:

I like the hat! Looks cute!

sincerelysk.blogspot.com

10. Kaitlan Ware says:

Yea…I’m going to need the park ranger hat. I’ve been mulling it over, and it obviously (and not surprisingly) looks gorgeous on you. Maybe I’ll get the navy version. Decisions!

11. Lol! Hubbys are too funny! You did a great job styling this hat!

12. Becky says:

Loving this whole outfit, from the hat to the boots. Especially love the blouse and was sad there wasn’t a “same” link once I saw it was from Target. Would’ve snatched it right up.

13. Becky says:

P.S. I’m thinkin’ more Indiana Jones than Park Ranger. ;)

14. Great hat! It’s just got a hint of 70’s vibe to it. So fun!

Alice

15. Your gorgeous! I LOVE this hat. SO cute!

16. sharon lei says:

You look adorable, hun. I love that hat on you. :)

Swing by for your chance to win a $100 Shopbop gift card!

xx Love & Aloha

17. Heather says:

I love the hat… and the shoes… and the nail polish! Actually, I love everything about this outfit.