Low, romantic bun upstyle.

July 31, 2012

Filed Under: Beauty

Finally got around to filming this one! Today’s look turned out a little different than last week’s but hey, that’s the beauty of a hairstyle like this … it probably will never look exactly the same twice. Anyway, here are both versions of the look:

Last week:

Today:

The tutorial:

I hope this look works for you! Let me know if you have any questions via email or you can comment below.

– Kayls.

22 Responses to “Low, romantic bun upstyle.”

1. Mindy says:

I think it’s great that it never looks the same way twice. It’s like having a whole bunch of hairstyles in one. Beautiful look!

2. That is so, so pretty. I might attempt this with my shoulder-length hair! I might need a 100 bobbie pins, haha!

3. Alexandria says:

Love your hair tutorials! I will definitely be trying this one next!

4. Abby says:

Such a simple tutorial with beautiful results! Thanks for sharing <3

5. Heather says:

I love all of your hair tutorials! I can’t wait for my hair to grow out just a smidge more so that I can try them! Quick question about your beautiful hair color: is it natural or do you dye it/highlight it?

Thank you! I colored it from blonde to red back at the end of May. These are the faded results … I haven’t decided what to do next!

6. Amber S. says:

The is probably the dumbest question ever, but I have such a hard time using bobby pins. I think my technique is terrible, but I also have very fine hair so that might be a strike against me as well. Could you explain how to properly use a bobby pin?

When I use bobby pins that only part that is exposed is the very end of it. I stick the pins in directly, rather them sliding them along the hair. I think it just takes practice!

7. mary says:

That was exciting and fun!
    OMG you are so cute!

8. Oh this is GORGEOUS! I have curly hair so I am going to have to do a few different things but I am totally going to try this hairstyle. Thanks for the video.

9. Meghan says:

What powder did you use in your hair at the very beginning?

10. casper&pearl says:

amazing hair style!

lots of love from the c&p girls,
    casper&pearl blog
    xx

11. I really love this hairstyle and you make the tutorial look so easy! I’m not exactly coordinated in doing my own hair but you make it seem simple enough! Thanks for sharing :)

12. just gorgeous! you are so great at doing hair! I wish I had that skill! xo

13. Jupe says:

I really loev this hairstyle…wish mine was long enough to do this!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

14. Blair says:

I spy Kai!

Can I just say that I love your hair this color?! I mean, you’re definitely one of the “elite” that can rock any shade – But I’m a big fan of the faded red. Just sayin’ :)

xo – Blair

he’s so sneaky, right? He literally sat in the corner on the ipod during this entire tutorial. he’s such a trooper! and thank you! this color might be around for awhile seeing as I don’t have a whole salon full of stylists to do it for me anymore … and I’m far too busy/lazy to do it myself.

15. Arikka says:

Hi Kayley! Do you use a heat protectant spray before blow-drying or curling your hair? I’m looking for recommendations.

This look is beautiful, by the way. Can’t wait to try it for myself.

I use Argan Oil before blowdrying but I don’t use a heat protectant before curling. I am a hypocrite though because I know I should use one. I’m just lazy. I ALWAYS recommend heat protectants to my clients. My favorite is Redken Iron Silk!

16. Great hair tutorial – that style is gorgeous! Oh I wish my hair were long enough to do that.

17. […] 1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9     10     11     12 […]