Wedge.

June 20, 2012

I’ve had this dress forever. I ordered it online and then had to bring it into the store for my employee discount … but then I kept forgetting it when I went into work. I finally remembered and now I can wear it!

These shoes also took me a little while to get a hold of. I spotted them at the Banana Republic in Georgetown, but they didn’t have my size. Instead, I tracked them down at a store in Wisconsin and had them sent to me. They are my new favorite summer shoe! Kai probably hates them … he has an aversion to wedges. Is this a guy thing or just a Kai thing?

Oh … and I don’t know how I forgot to post this on Monday but guess what? The Le Mode Lookbook is complete! If you want to check out their latest items, how I styled them, and an interview with me, click here!

Dress: Gap (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Belt: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Banana Republic (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Earrings: c/o INPINK (Same.)
Bracelet: c/o LOFT

Same as the other day.

Have you entered to win the compass necklace from Shoppalu yet? You can do that here!

– Kayls.

44 Responses to “Wedge.”

1. kw says:

lovely stripes here in a non-routine pattern – definitely a nice look for summer. love the shoes as well. my boyfriend likes wedges and stiletto heels better than flats or sandals, so i guess it’s really comparison based.

This dress is so pretty – and I love it paired with the brown wedges and brown belt. Love it all, really!

Sarah
    smalltowncatwalk.blogspot.ca

3. danielleeeEe. says:

model status in that lookbook for suuuure kayls

4. Chloe says:

It’s definitely not just a Kai thing! My boyfriend hates all heels. He dislikes wedges even more, but especially hates flatforms. I have never been ragged on so much for my choice in footwear!

-Chloe
    2floralfinches.blogspot.com

5. Lindsay says:

think i’ve heard one other guy in my time say he didn’t like wedges but generally i’ve never come across that opinion. i like those, anyway! and they’re all i can wear for heels with 1 broken and 1 chronically sprained ankle.

6. Emily says:

Love the outfit and shoes!! My husband doesn’t love wedges either but I tell him it’s those or flats. :)

7. She Dabbles says:

I love the colors in this dress! And I don’t think it’s just a Kai thing, I don’t think my husband understands any of my sartorial choices!

~C

8. Jill says:

My boyfriend hates wedges too! And I thought it was just him! Love this whole outfit though – one of my faves!

9. Julia says:

Kayley! You look divine in this outfit as well as in all those in the lookbook! You are inspiring!

I love the straight lines of the dress against the curved lines in the belt. Really beautiful combo!

sarahsreallife.wordpress.com

11. Angela says:

Lucky you! I’ve tried to get that dress a few times, but all attempts failed. It’s so gorgeous and classic! Also, it looks fab with your new hair color :)

12. Becky says:

Just gotta comment on the hair… it has looked truly amazing in the past two posts!

thank you! I think it’s the new face framing layers. Makes a big difference in how much volume I’m getting!

13. Kam says:

Most def a boy thing! My boyfriend ridiculed my cork wedges this morning; had to change my outfit! According to him it’s the material in most wedges. Boy hates cork and espadrille… Love your blog though! Let’s wear ‘em anyway.

14. Alice Warren says:

Pretty dress. I debated about getting it because it got some bad reviews on the website. Now I want it.

It looks great with your wedges! I love wearing wedges since they me a break on wearing heels.

15. Melina says:

this dress! ah! the perfect mix of retro and modern. I love it!

-Melina

16. Kristen says:

Okay, Kayley.. I’ve been following your blog for almost a year now, and may I just say, your hair has never looked so incredible. Which is truly saying something, because you’re constantly my inspiration for changing up my look! But really. Amazing!

17. Allyn says:

Love that dress!
    My awesome husband, who actually has excellent taste and I even trust to go run by stores for me (he works in a mall, so it’s convenient) really can’t stand wedges. I have two pairs that he doesn’t mind, but I think 99% of the ones he sees he hates. Loves heels, hates wedges. Go figure.

18. Maria says:

I’m so glad you found the wedges! Sorry we didn’t have you size in G-town :( Come back again! Really enjoying your blog, thanks for the inspiration!

19. Kristen says:

I ADORE this dress-the color looks so great with your hair (which is annoyingly amazing…)

The wedges are beautiful :)

20. Cheryl says:

LOL my husband hates wedges too. He thinks they look ‘blocky’.

21. Brit says:

Pretty dress! And about the wedge thing… My guy can’t stand any high heels at all (I wear them anyway) – I guess they just don’t seem useful to them at all?! If they knew how comfortable wedges are compared to heels they’d be saying something different!

22. Lauren says:

Love the dress and the wedges! My boyfriend hates wedges too. He thinks they ruin the point of high heels (something about stilettos being the best…). I think they’re awesome and comfortable and great for summer. :)

23. Trish says:

My husband loves wedges because he knows they are generally more comfortable. :) I can walk to get taxis and not complain about sore feet! He loves that! OMG – love the Lookbook and you must tell us where to get the blue and purple dresses you wore. So glad to discover Le Mode – I ordered a summer clutch, which has eluded me until now. Thanks for the tip – and you look amazing in the photos:)

The blue dress is from Shoppalu! Unfortunately it’s sold out but it’s by BB Dakota in case you want to track it down. I know I’ve seen it elsewhere! The purple dress is several years old and is from Old Navy. :)

24. such a pretty dress on you!
    and as the the wedge thing — that might be a kai thing because my boyfriend is obsessed when I wear wedges!! : )

25. Chloe says:

My fiancé hates wedges too! Love the dress!

26. Amy B. says:

I’d never heard of guys not liking wedges; my husband thinks they’re great!

27. You make this simple dress look so stunning. Love the red paired with cognac brown. Great job!

28. Franziska says:

Wisconsin is where its at! ;) Sorry Michigan…

That being said, that dress is adorable! It makes your waist look tiny!

29. Brittany says:

wow i love this outfit! that dress is so cute–is it still at gap?

It’s not. It took me so long to feature it that it sold out. :( Check out the similar ones that I linked too in the outfit breakdown. Maybe one of those could take the place!

30. Anja says:

lovely dress!! definitely love those shoes as well – wedges are so comfortable, hope you get to wear them, no matter what Kai is thinking about them!!! The lookbook is so awesome. You are so pretty and the photos are amazing, such talent! Love!!

31. wow, this dress is so cute and I also love the belt!

32. Courtney says:

I love that dress! Is it still available at Gap?

33. Savannah says:

I love those shoes! I have a pair very similar.

But the main reason I am commenting is to say GO GIRL! For some reason that small detail you shared really stuck with me. There are so many girls/young ladies/women who do not wear or even purchase clothes/accessories that their significant other dislikes – Guilty! I can understand if there is a height issue…but still.

Anyways – Go Girl! I would live in mine if they were a tad more comfortable hehe

34. Christina says:

I love this dress! They kept restocking on the Gap website, and it kept selling out, so after stalking the website for weeks, I found it in my size. I wore it today and I got so many compliments! Kayley, have you washed it yet? Some people on the website have said it tends to run, but I only saw them make this comment about the blue version of the same dress so I wonder if it happens with the red.

I did wash it but it sat in my laundry basket for several days afterwards. I hung it when it was completely wrinkly. I’ll take a good look when I iron it!