Spring comfort.

May 10, 2012

Yesterday was the perfect day for something comfortable. I woke up exhausted and just wasn’t in the mood to put pants on, so instead, I decided to wear the next best option to pajamas: a maxi dress.

Jacket: LOFT (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Top: J.Crew Factory Store
Dress: Old Navy (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Necklace: Anthropologie
Shoes: Steve Madden via Nordstrom Rack (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Nail Polish: OPI “Elephantastic Pink”

Day two hair spun into a low bun and secured with a duckbill clip.

Kai and I are planning a vacation but we can’t decide between St. Martin and St. Kitts. Have any of you been to either location? Where should we go?!

– Kayls.

p.s. You have just a couple more days to win a cardigan from Five Bamboo! Enter here.

18 Responses to “Spring comfort.”

1. Allie says:

If this is you “exhausted” then you should do it more often. You look stunning. And this is one of my favorite looks!

2. Allissa says:

A couple of years ago I went on a cruise to the Caribbean, one of the stops was in St. Kitts. We had a wonderful time wandering the island during the hours we were there! Since then I have been meaning to go back and stay for longer, the beaches were beautiful and the people were very friendly!

3. Kelsey says:

Went to St. Kitts a few years ago and stayed at the Marriot- great weather, pools, and beaches- would highly recommend it!!

4. Jamie says:

Maxi dresses may be the most comfortable yet cute clothing item that ever existed!! I live in my maxi dresses 9 months out of the year – I find they’re my go-to item when I don’t want to have to think about my outfit.

5. Amy says:

Love the outfit!
    St. Martin is very touristy and commercial, I would recommend St. Kitts!

6. Maggie says:

I love everything about this outfit! Especially the jacket!

7. Ani says:

I’m just now exploring the world of maxi dresses, but you’re one of the many that I’ve heard from that maxi dresses are like being in dressed up pj’s so surely I’ll love it right?

Anyhow, you look amazing!

8. I love this look. I am a huge fan of maxi dresses/skirts because they are so comfy. Like sweats but for the fashionable girl. Lovely out.

9. C McG says:

That is the best solution! And you pull it off so well. It’s been rainy and gross here in Boston lately, so I went a similar route on my blog earlier this week… http://ohshedabbles.com/2012/05/09/pajama-party/

I love reading your blog; as a new blogger it’s been very inspiring!

~C

10. Christine says:

Great pattern mix – very subtle.
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

11. Diana says:

I’ve been to both St. Maarten and St. Kitts and I have to say, I think I liked St. Kitts better. Really, any location in the caribbean is perfect! I also recommend a cruise so you can see multiple islands!

12. Norma says:

St Martin is more commercial and S Kitts is a more laid back vibe…
    I live in Jamaica. Ever been here?

13. Renee says:

Love your outfit, and love St Kitts. Highly recommend a boat trip to Nevis while you’re there!