My Easter Sunday dress.

April 9, 2012

This spring I have the honor of collaborating with Banana Republic! As many of you know, I am an employee at Gap and since Banana Republic is owned by Gap, I shop there frequently. Their clothing is beautiful, professional, classy, and high quality. So when given the opportunity to represent them, you can bet I jumped at the chance!

I chose to feature the Linda Floral Dress from Banana’s spring collection. I love the fit of this dress. It’s very tailored, and features a pleated neckline, fitted waist (that actually hits at my waist) and a pencil skirt with a modest length. The shape is definitely my favorite part of the dress. It makes me feel so classic and sophisticated!

After I made a very slight, 3/4 of an inch, hem alteration (I’m 5’4″ but rarely order petite sizes), I wore it out to yesterday’s Easter church service. It was a little chilly and a lot windy outside, so I added a blazer. I liked the structured detail that the blazer added in contrast to the femininity of the floral print.

Linda Floral Dress: c/o Banana Republic (Same.)
Blazer: Gap (Similar. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Earrings: Anthropologie (Similar. Similar.)
Necklace: J.Crew Factory Store
Belt: Banana Republic Factory Store (Similar.)
Clutch: Target (Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Bracelet: Anthropologie (Same. Save. Spend. Splurge.)
Shoes: Nine West (Save. Spend. Splurge.)

– Kayls.

22 Responses to “My Easter Sunday dress.”

1. ashleigh says:

Those colors are just so bright and hotly and pretty. I really like the shoes with the dress. It’s a nice contrast.

2. Rachel says:

Love this dress…I also wore a floral dress for church service yesterday, Easter is the PERFECT excuse for this! I have a question for you also, what layout/version do you use for this blog. I think it’s the perfect layout!

3. Great outfit and I loooooove your shoes! Happy Monday!
    –TS

4. Joanna L says:

Love that dress. You and Kendi were twins on Easter-you both rocked this dress! I love the bright colors on you. Happy Easter Kayley!

5. mary says:

wow is all i can say
    the shoes rock with the outfit

6. So cute!

Can I just say that I think it’s awesome that you get to collaborate with banana republic!?! keep up the great work!

Abby

7. Yvonne says:

you look STUNNING in that dress. I am obsessed.

8. Gorgeous dress and such an elegant overall look. I’m really liking those shoes, too!

9. Mint Julep says:

Hey, this dress is some serious gorgeous ladylike thing!!! I found your blog through Tieka’s Selective Potential – I looove that girl’s writing! – and I juts found your style so cool and enticing!! I´m a fan, now! Visit me if you have the chance! http://fashionfauxpas-mintjule.blogspot.com

10. Christine says:

I want to wear this exact outfit to work sometime. the way you styled it is cheerful and happy!
    work-it-blog.blogspot.com

11. Beautiful! Also, your hair interests me, how did you do it? :)

12. Bec says:

Love that you and Kendi both styled this same dress today!

13. Erin Andreani says:

you styled it way better than on the model… the purple belt and gold accents make it!

14. Rebecca says:

I love the print of that pretty dress! So nice, and perfect for easter!

15. Laura says:

You look lovely! The wind was insane here yesterday (shame, because it was so beautiful otherwise) so I think the blazer was a nice touch :)

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

16. Alison says:

Such a gorgeous dress. The colors are amazing!

17. Congratulations on your collaboration! You look gorgeous, I love the print of your dress. Wonderful photos!! I hope you have a great week!

18. Ohh I love everything about this outfit! I just stumbled across your blog and already am hooked! I love the look of floral dresses but I just haven’t found one that suits ME but I want to try this one on baddd! I really like the accessories you added too!

19. Christina says:

omigod. you’re wearing the same dress as Kendi from http://www.kendieveryday.com/ on her easter post. :o what are the chances? i guess great fashion minds think alike

20. Christina says:

Gorgeous dress — you wear it well!

21. Anja says:

very pretty look. Just love the print of the dress and the heels and blazer give it a nice twist! Great alteration as well. Suits you so well at knee-length!

Anja