J.Crew Style Belt DIY.

February 15, 2012

Filed Under: DIY

bloglovin

Last week, I saw a belt in the J.Crew store and loved everything but the price tag. So instead of spending
the $52, I made myself one instead. This project can be done for little to no money, depending on what
materials you already have. I spent $20 on the belt and embroidery thread.

Here’s the J.Crew version vs. the SWR version.

I kept the color scheme similar, but mixed it up just a little. Online, they have a blue version if you would
like some more color inspiration!

Now for the how to:

What you need.

Begin by gluing the first color vertically on the back of the belt.

Next, wrap the thread around the belt over the part that you just glued down. When the band of color is
as long as you would like it, glue the end down and cut off the excess. Do the same with the next color.

Continue down the length of the belt. I ordered the colors, and the length of the bands randomly.

Continue down the belt until you reach the stopping point you would like, glue it off, and you’re finished!

Happy Crafting!
-Kayls.

16 Responses to “J.Crew Style Belt DIY.”

1. Amber says:

This is a must try diy. Ohhh did you see that? I just rhymed. :) Anyway, it looks awesome. Thanks.

2. Magooch says:

This is something I really admire about you: we saw this belt at JCrew on Friday night, and on Saturday, you already had made your own. No one could ever call you a procrastinator!

3. Amy says:

Such a great idea! I’m going to try this myself, thank you!

4. That is so creative. I would have never thought to do that!

5. Eleanor says:

Personally, I like yours so much more! This idea is genius. The outfit you paired the belt with is also a perfect balance of color.

6. Danica says:

oh wow! great diy. it looks great! i’ll definitely have to try it. :)

7. Kyle says:

52 DOLLARS FOR A BELT FROM J. CREW!!!!! I’m really glad you made one that looks just as good.

8. Jupe says:

Super fabuloso idea! Love it, Kayls…gotta try this for the spring :)

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

9. Minx says:

Fantastic DIY! I have just the belt to use for this…now off to buy some yarn!
    Btw, correct me if I am wrong, but should this post not be the “prequel”?

10. Sharon says:

Hiya. I came across your blog recently. Love your style. I really liked this idea so have spent my rainy afternoon making over one of my belts with shades of gold, brown, teal and blue. I can’t wait to use it now! Thanks for the tutorial.

11. Esther says:

I’m addicted to your blog. Love the DIY tutorials! I also did a Jcrew DIY, but for a flower tee if you wanna check it out: http://louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com/2013/02/diy-flower-tee.html xo

12. Ilya says:

This is a great diy, but it is a little uncanny that its already been done on Evelina’s Fashion Cafe, J. Crew belts and all: http://evelinasfashioncafe.com/diy-runway-j-crew-threaded-belts/
    I hope this is just a coincidence.

• Kayley Anne says:

That is a funny coincidence! I actually published my DIY on February 15, 2012 and hers was published on May 11, 2013 so if there is any connection between the two, it’s not on my end. Thank you for sharing her blog with me. I had never seen it before and really enjoy it!