Fast and Easy Up Style Tutorial.

February 23, 2012

Filed Under: Beauty

bloglovin

I’m back today with another video tutorial! I wear my hair this way a lot when I don’t have a lot of time
to get ready, or when I’m just being lazy.

Here’s the final look:

the How-To:

Hope this style works for some of you! If you give it a try, feel free to share a picture with me on
Facebook or Twitter! OH, you aren’t following me on Facebook or Twitter? Rude! You can follow
me on facebook here – and on twitter here. :)

- Kayls.

34 Responses to “Fast and Easy Up Style Tutorial.”

1. Daily Jenn says:

Thanks for a great tutorial!! I definitely want to try this out.

2. Keira says:

This is awesome!!

3. Magooch says:

So pretty, honey!

4. Mecole Maddeaux says:

You’re too freakin’ cute. My hair is too long I think. I would have a huge tail at the end. This look is soo adorable though :)

• Mea says:

My hair is WAY longer than hers, so I just kept twisting it and tucking under until it all went up. Play around, you can get it to work, even with waist-length hair.

• MrsLipstick6 says:

My hair is super long, too. Almost down to my waist. I managed to pull it off, though. The twist is a little more on the side than hers, and I needed more bobby pins, but it still looks super cute. I just tucked the tail under AFTER I put in a couple of pins, and then just kept pinning until it stayed.

5. whitney says:

so chic! i didn’t believe it would be so quick :) love the look! will try it this weekend and send you a pic if it looks half as good as yours

6. Elise says:

I love this look – but question: I tried it this morning and could not get the twist to stay tight / twisted. I’m wondering if my hair is too long? It’s a little longer than yours. Any tips for getting the end hidden / effectively pinning the tail in place?

P.S. I ended up going with the messy bun and still love the technique for pulling back the front but creating some volume – so thanks!

I guess my best suggestion is to make sure it’s really tucked up before you start pinning, and then make sure you are using enough pins! and with each pin you want to make sure you’re feeding through the twist to the scalp.

7. lish says:

Love! You do so many good bun combos. Thanks

8. Anja says:

really nice style!! Tried it out, looks a little different as my hair is a bit longer. might try it for one of my next outfit posts!

9. What do you recommend for very fine hair? My hair just slips right out of the bobby pin. Ugh!

use plenty of pins and try crossing them. it’ll help lock it in.

• Also don’t stretch out the pins with your teeth – use the balls on the tips to grab the hair! I’m always looking for quick ways my clients can do at home, and this is a great one! Thanks!

I know, such a bad habit! I never stretch them with my teeth when doing client’s hair but sometimes it’s hard when I’m doing my own!

• Layne says:

Also try coating your hair all over with hairspray, it will make fine hair a little more sticky and help the bobby pins stay in place. : )

10. Anna says:

the hair is adorable, i can’t wait to try it! just a tip though, maybe get a tripod? the cameraman following you back and forth was making it kinda hard to watch!

I would but since we film the videos with slr cameras, if I put it on a tripod I would go in and out of focus every time I moved.

11. Thanks for this post! I’ve worn my hair like this a couple times now and love it. A very elegant yet very easy style….perfect for busy mornings when I don’t have a lot of time to spend on my hair!

12. Jenn Richman says:

I tried this today and it looked great. My heair is fine and silky and did hot have enogh volume or body so I sprayed the crap out of it with hairspray and used hot rollers first. I was amazed at the body and my hairstylist asked me how I did it!
    Thanks!
    Jenn

13. [...]  I assure you, as long as you have shoulderish length or longer hair, that is the truth. Just click here for the video with instructions! Only bobby pins are required. Why didn’t I think of this [...]

14. breanna says:

i NEVER would’ve guessed it was so simple to make such a gorgeous hairstyle! I love it!

I’ve linked to your post here: http://dollarstoremom.com/2012/06/pinterest-picks-40/

15. Katie says:

I just wanted to say thanks for this! I’ve never done much with my hair, I did just the first step and pulled back the top half, that’s a cute style by itself too! I love it!
    I’ve never known the power of 1 bobbypin! ;)
    I’m hooked!
    Thanks!!

• Nonia says:

This was so awesome and took seconds. Thank you. I always feel kind of lazy. Ok I feel very lazy when I use the clips so much. Thanks for a great option!!

16. Mary says:

Wonderful tutorial I’ll have to try.

17. Jordan says:

I’ve never attempted to do an up-do before and I’m basically the most un-girly girl ever…but I was able to do this for my sorority’s formal last night by myself, and it looked almost identical! Thank you so much, I got tons of compliments!

18. Regina says:

Thanks for the tutorial:) I just started experimenting with hair. All through high school it was either down, ponytail, or side braid. Now these styles are easy to do and make me feel pulled together.

I also am committed to the environment so I like that your blog isn’t all about buying new stuff. I like that you can have such variety and creativity with just a pack of bobby pins.

19. Fátima says:

The best and easyest hairdo i’ve ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

20. Yvette says:

When I first saw this style, I was like “it’s probably complicated”. But after watching the video, I was totally shocked! I can totally pull off this look and in a little less than 5 minutes, too! I’m just a little worried it won’t work on my thick curly hair and I’ll have to straighten it :(. Other than that, I can see myself wearing this style everyday!!

21. [...] This is the single easiest hair tutorial I have ever seen.  Watching the video, I couldn’t believe how three simple steps could yield such a lovely hairdo.  I would probably add a bit of texturizing spray for extra volume and hold, but other than that, Sidewalk Ready has come up with a perfectly simple style, visit her site for the shockingly easy tutorial. [...]

22. shelia says:

I enjoyed the updo. Easy and elegan