Why You Should Own a Chambray Shirt.

January 31, 2012

Filed Under: Flashbacks, Staples

bloglovin

I am here on the behalf of all the chambray shirts hanging in retails stores around the world. I went
the longest time without owning a chambray shirt, and then fateful day came that I spent $60 on one
at the J.Crew Factory store. I will say this, $60 is significantly more than I will usually spend on a shirt
(for now ;)) but I just knew that I would wear it to death. And how right I was. Here are all of the ways
that I have worn my one chambray shirt on my blog since I purchased it at the end of September.

To view the original blog post for each look, click the picture and you will be redirected.

See! Wardrobe staple! That’s seven wears in four months – so 1.75 wears per month on the blog alone and
I blog my outfits about half of the time (sorry about that …) If you consider that, I’m probably actually
wearing this shirt between three and four times a month. This baby hardly ever makes it from the laundry
pile to the closet before it gets worn again. Anyway, if you are ready to invest, here are a couple of options
to purchase online:

Target, Urban Outfitters, Eddie Bauer,  Old Navy, Banana Republic, J.Crew

Happy Shopping!
– Kayls.

19 Responses to “Why You Should Own a Chambray Shirt.”

1. Magooch says:

What a fun post! Great to watch the change of seasons as well as hair colors..haha! Love you, baby!

2. Kai says:

I think I have one of those…not sure though.

3. Katie says:

I love my chambray shirt, and I want to buy a darker one! Thanks for the outfit ideas and the links!

4. vanessa rae says:

Love all the outfits! Great ideas. I already have the Target one, now you’ve got me pining for the Old Navy one! Thanks a lot… ;)

5. michelle says:

I don’t have one yet, but you might have convinced me! P.S. I love all the link choices, very nice for us!

6. laura says:

I got the JCrew Selvedge chambray shirt, but I got it on ebay. So it was still expensive (for me for a shirt), but not $98 it (STILL) is in stores. I was on the fence about Chambray when it first came out, but I’m glad I got it. Also pairs well with orange/rust and tulle.

7. Robin says:

Here here sister! I love my chambray top! I bet I wear it three times a month!

8. Kiley Kate says:

I love my chambray button up from Target, but the red chambray shirt on the old navy website looks like a fun change in the line up; I may have to try it!

9. Anja says:

I own a super cute Chambray shirt as well, but my man just doesn’t like it, so I never really manage to wear it, but hey, your post might just give me the right motivation to try it out once again. Maybe he is a Chambray guy after all and I get a new staple for my wardrobe :)

10. Oh, chambray… I am determined to find one at Goodwill.

11. Loren says:

This is a great little feature. I recently finally purchased a chambray shirt after seeing all the other bloggers use it, and you are so right it goes with almost everything in my closet.

12. Jupe says:

I am also a champion of the chambray. Love wearing mine under, over, or around practically anything! Love yorus under the sweater as a winter wear!

<3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

13. Kate says:

You inspired me to wear my chambray shirt today, thanks!!

14. Rebecca says:

I just bought my first, after oohing and aahing over Pinterest pictures, and I wore it for the first time yesterday!! It was so funny to see your post – LOVE all the outfits you did with it.

15. Caitlin says:

I own that same shirt from Jcrew. I love it dearly and it is well worn! I love how it goes with so much.

16. I love my chambray shirt, definitely a great investment.

$100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

17. becky says:

I have one hanging in my shirt that I haven’t worn for so long! You are inspiring me to pull it out and pull an outfit together. Thanks :)

18. Josie says:

love these outfits! I actually have one that looks very similar (except maybe a little greyish too) that I got on final sale at Gap and even though I do wear it, you have me realizing that I don’t wear it NEARLY enough!

PS. If you haven’t already guessed… I am head over heels for your blog, you’re now in my bookmarks:)