The Master.

December 16, 2011

Filed Under: Design

bloglovin

Next up on the tour of our house re-decoration … the master bedroom!

Before (with previous owners’ furniture):

After:

The only thing left to do (for now) is swap that ceiling fan for a chandelier.

We didn’t have enough room for side tables so instead we put books on brackets to act as little
shelves (thanks, Pinterest). They are small, but hold the bedtime essentials. Cell phone, water, and a
catch all on my side forÂchapstick and bobby pins.

Yes, that’s an air conditioning unit. We weren’t about to live without AC since Kai works from home,
but putting in central air wasn’t really possible for a reasonable fee since the house is so old. Wall
units weren’t my first choice, but about the only choice.

My new jewelry display! It’s so much easier to see all of my options now, and the dresser is cleared off
which makes dusting a little less awful.

There it is! Someday we anticipate getting a wardrobe for more hanging space, but for now, this is
working well enough. I’m so glad that I can finally post some “after” photos. It’s making me feel so
accomplished!

- Kayls.

33 Responses to “The Master.”

1. Erin Andreani says:

glad to see the jewelry display in a shared space.. recently moving in with my male counterpart has me feeling like i have to give up all feminine touches when making decorating choices. where did you find the wood that you used?

2. Jessica says:

Thanks for sharing your Before and Afters of each room – I think it’s so neat to hear about certain pieces you find and then to see how you have placed it! (I also repinned your book shelf…Pinterest is an echo chamber.)

3. Katie says:

If that bedspread is from IKEA, I totally have the same one. Love the jewelry display!

4. Katie says:

I think everything is so beautiful! And honestly, I thought the A/C unit was an old radiator, and thought to myself “Wow! That’s awesome. Wish I had one of those.” So for what it’s worth… I thought is was cool. Also love the old dress form. I want one SOOOOO bad!

thanks, katie! we have old radiators and ac units. the radiators are for heat and are by the floor and the ac units are by the ceiling .. so what you saw might be a radiator! I love them too.

5. Maggie says:

LOVE the jewelry display and the bedside shelves! Very cool.

6. Shellie herman says:

Love, love, love the book as shelves idea!!! Genius!

7. Lizzy says:

i am in love with your vintage dress form. Where did you happen to find such a great piece?

my mother in law gave it to me. i LOVE it too. it was given to her as a gift because she used to be a costumer for a ballet company.

8. I absolutely love this jewelery display. It is such a great idea – a good twist to the ideas from pinterest or other crafty blogs that have jewelery in frames.

9. Belle says:

I love your jewelry display! And your dress form! The “sidetables” look great! Pinterest is so addicting

10. ashleigh says:

I love the side tables. Adore! I’m stealing this idea immediately. I also love the new jewelry display. so functional and frees up your dresser top! (ps your surfaces are so clean and shiny! they are reflecting everything and i love it!)

11. A Deco Life says:

Really love the color of the wall! The room looks so fresh and comfy!

12. kaylan says:

there is so much that i love about your room – the built in storage, the dress makers mannequin, but especially the jewelry organization. i’ve searched endlessly for the perfect solution and have an old frame rigged up to hold necklaces, but this is lovely. consider it copied :-)

13. I saw your post on Feathers and Freckles and . . . loved every picture you posted! Crap, am I going to be like Megan and read through all of your posts in an afternoon now? I don’t have any wine at work!

14. Elle says:

Loving the wood jewelry holder/display. Such a great idea!

15. Jenna says:

Your jewelry holder is so great! I stumbled on your blog via Feathers & Freckles. I love your style! So great!
    Loves!!
    Jenna

16. Kimberly says:

I don’t know why it took me this long to notice what you did with your earrings and the bulletin board. That’s a great idea – you are so creative! I admit, I copied what you showed on your blog a few months ago (using a towel rod to hang up scarves). It is so much easier than having to dig thru a drawer to find the right one and it keeps them from wrinkling :)

thanks, kimberly! i’m really glad the towel bar thing worked for you. i encourage people to copy things like that – that’s why i show it on my blog!

17. Alicia says:

Love the green. Do you know the name?