Frozen.

December 7, 2011

bloglovin

Brrrrrrr – the wind was violent and freezing today! Now I remember what it feels like to snap outfit photos
in the winter. First, you sit in the car until the last possible moment, reluctantly shed your coat, run to
the photo location, snap-snap-snap *try to look happy*, run back to the car, and turn your seat
heater on high. Whew!

Blazer: Gap / Shirt: J.Crew (similar) / Pants: Loft (similar) / Purse: Nine West via Filene’s Basement
Shoes: Banana Republic (still available in stores) / Earrings: Vintage

Messy bun. Tutorial here.

The Ghost Hunters Finale was on tonight … and our DVR recorded like a million episodes that were on today.
So, uhhh … bye.

- Kayls.

35 Responses to “Frozen.”

1. Kai says:

It doesn’t look cold. I think you’re lying.

2. Robin says:

I COMPLETELY hear you! We have had snow on the ground for a week here and OOTD photos are brutal. BRUTAL. The other day, the high was 10. 10! I love your look though. The healed loafers are a great addition to the preppy look and great blazer. Almost worth frostbite. (Easy for me to say right?)

3. Magooch says:

I love those earrings…what do you think of the word “borrow”?

4. oh yes, brr!! It hasn’t gotten super cold here yet, but I sure do remember taking photos when it’s freezing out – oh my goodness, bone chilling! And this is such a pretty & super chic look – love the stripes & neutral colours. Gorgeous as always!! xo veronika

5. Angela says:

I need a shirt like this…its so basic, yet so versatile and I’ve been so many people with it lately. New to my “wish list” :)

i wear this shirt all the time! truth be told, i need a new one. i caught this one a latch in our house recently and it tore at the bottom. :(

6. Major props to you. It is FREEZING outside! And every time you have that purse I think “Ooooh, I really like that purse!” and then remember that’s what I’ve thought EVERY time you have that purse. Le sigh. If it ever disappears, it was the ghosts. For real, they like it, too.

7. Megan says:

Hi Kayley,
    I saw you at Hopcat yesterday, love the outfit, and love your blog!

8. Holly says:

Uuuugh, I’m dreading winter outfit photos. Its really not fun!

And I was totally sucked into all the ghost hunters episodes too. That show can be addicting.

9. Daily Jenn says:

What a lovely outfit. I really love those heeled loafers and the way you styled the blazer :) I hope you warmed up quickly and that the Ghost Hunters marathon was fun! :)

10. Haley says:

I love everything about this outfit!! seriously. cute blog!

11. Katie says:

Just found your blog from What would a nerd wear. I Love it! you are beautiful!

12. rach says:

haha…love how you don’t mention any sympathy for your photog also braving the cold. hehe. :)
    but those husbands seem to stay warmer, must be the extra hair and body mass. at least, that’s how my man is!

13. Sarah Stright says:

So simple and chic! I love it. I’m a new follower (on Twitter) :) I’d love if you would stop by my blog some time and say hi, and follow back if you’re interested.
    Sarah

14. Allison says:

Hi! I’m a new visitor and I’d just like to say that I love your rook piercing on your left ear. Would you mind telling me when you got it, and what your experience was like with the actual piercing process & healing? Thanks :)

Hi Allison! I got this piercing in 2006. I’ve considered taking it out many times but always back out thinking I might regret it later. The piercing didn’t really hurt that much … it was nothing compared to the nose piercing I got about six months before (and obviously no longer have). I can’t exactly remember the healing process but I know I followed the post piercing regime that the shop gave me and all was well!

15. Allison says:

Correction of my earlier comment: right ear, not left!

16. Tamar says:

I JUST found sidewalk ready this week!! I HEART this blog.

17. Katya says:

I can not believe how accurately you described my recent photo taking adventures. Car seat warmers are key!

PS. I am in beyond love with your blog and your style!

xx
    thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

18. Natalie says:

Hi Kayla! I love your photos! I totally can’t tell that you’re freezing :) Your outfit is totally classically cool perfection! This is my first visit to your blog, and I had to say hi before I keep on browsing through! xx Natalie

19. Emily says:

You are adorable!! Found you at Feathers and Freckles and I am so excited to be following you now because I am always in need of stylish dressing-for-the-cold tips!