Twisted Hairstyle Tutorial.

January 25, 2011

Filed Under: Beauty

bloglovin

As my boss was walking behind me at the salon today, he said to me, “Who did your hair
today?” Thinking that was an odd question, I asked hesitantly, “What do you mean …?”
to which he responded, “Who styled your hair today?”, “Me …”, “Oh, good. That’s what
I was hoping you would say.”

So, hey, if you guys want to impress your bosses, wear your hair like this. Sidenote: This
works particularly well if your place of employment is a salon … and your boss is a hairdresser.
No guarantees otherwise.

This is a very, very rough version of how I do this style. If you would like to see a polished,
finished version of this style, you can go here and here. Yes, that means that I perfected this
after I took the video. My recording time is limited since we use an SLR … I just assume
that you guys want to see, generally, how to achieve these looks. So here you go. This is,
generally, how I do this style. Enjoy!

Oh, around 3:06, I mention something about Shanty wanting to come into the room. If you
listen closely, you can hear her whining. I wasn’t making that up.

p.s. this is, BY FAR, the worst still out of any of the videos I’ve done on here. I think my
hosting site just keeps trying to one up themselves. Okay, Vimeo, you can stop anytime now.

Alright, so when you done laughing at me and how embarrassing I am on film, try this style out. Take pictures. Post to my facebook. Thank you.

Oh! And if your hair isn’t long enough to wrap the whole way across the head, you can always
just do the twists on the sides. It looks really pretty with a messy bun, or even a ponytail in
back! Just pin the base of the twists into place before tying the ends off into another style. :)

- Kayls.

13 Responses to “Twisted Hairstyle Tutorial.”

1. Kai says:

The vimeo still is amazing.

2. Rebecca says:

Kai! You were in the video! You’re famous :)

3. Casee Marie says:

Hi! I just found your blog through Cambria of Two for Tea (http://twoforteaplease.blogspot.com/) and wanted to say that I completely adore your style. And this might sound completely crazy, but I noticed you’re from Grand Rapids – my sister Chelsea dances with the ballet company out there! It was such a lovely coincidence, I just had to share.

And I’ll certainly be trying this tutorial soon. So cute!

4. Pam says:

So it’s basically like a two-piece version of a French braid? That’s so cool!

What amazes me even more than how pretty this style is, is that you would do your hair this way before yoga.

And PS — Stop apologizing. Your videos are great.

5. Jorie says:

Your make-up looks so pretty! Where did you get that beautiful skin?

6. michelle says:

i am sooo bad with my hair :( so I really love these kinds of tutorials!

first giveaway: Hard Candy makeup products
    at: http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

7. Erin Andreani says:

fun! must try, thanks for sharing!
    ps love kai in the background, might that be a nikon d90? i covet…

8. Kate says:

Yay! so glad you posted this!

9. Kai says:

Erin,

It’s a Nikon d300s with a 20mm f/2.8 lens. Our main rigs are d700’s, but they don’t shoot video.

I’ll make sure to not appear in future videos :p

Kai

10. I’ve been asked that same thing many times .. as if randomly one would have time each day to get their hair done somewhere. I love your hairstyle. Looks great how you did it and it was fun to hear your voice too.

11. B says:

Thanks for sharing your video. I found it really helpful.

12. Nellie says:

Thank you for the wonderful tutorial! I found you through pinterest, and this post:http://www.nicoledeanne.net/?p=1029 This hairstyle is my newest favorite, and I love the feather/button clip you added on another post!